cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro RadioButton in BlackBerry... HowTo?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am doing some tests with WebDynpro and BlackBerry and I am stuck on RadioButton behaviour.

I have two RadioButtons with selectedKey bound to the same context field. One button sets KeyToSelect = "A" and the other one sets KeyToSelect = "B".

context field is initially set to "A" to ensure RadioButtonA is selected and RadioButtonB is deselected.

It works as expected on both PC IE6 Browser as well as on Nokia 9500 PDA but on BlackBerry both RadioButtons appear selected and there is no way to toggle them.

Looking at the generated WML, the two RadioButtons appear as isolated options within separate "select" tags.

Am I missing something or is it a bug? By the way if I use RadioButtonGroupByIndex toggle between options works.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliano!

It would be nice if you can open the same Topic in WebDynpro Forum.But even in WD Forum there are no clear answers to Posts with similar topics Like Checkboxes not appearing in Blackberry devices and posts related to Limitations of WebDynpro On Blackberry devices.So i suggest that

(1) Open a new topic in WebDynpro Forum so experts can advice.

(2) Do Open up a OSS message to hear from SAP.

(3)Did you try running your WD application with the Blackberry Simulator,I hope you must have tried.Just make sure the result is same.Incase if you have not tried here is the info on the Blackberry Simulator.

The BlackBerry Device Simulator simulates the behavior of UI elements and the events in almost the same manner as you would use a mobile device, anyhow visualization and testing is much easier.

Go to the BlackBerry homepage http://www.blackberry.net/developers/na/java/tools/index.shtml

Install BlackBerry JDE v4.0.x

Install BlackBerry Handheld Simulator v4.0.x (use the JDE number)

You have installed the Mobile Data Service (MDS) and the handheld or device simulator. In order to use the BlackBerry Simulator, please open first the MDS and then the device simulator.

Thanks

Gisk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gisk,

I obviously tried with a number of different models of real devices as well as with BB simulator. In all cases behaviour is the same and it can't be otherwise since the WML generated is wrong as I stated above: the two radio buttons are embedded in two separate "select" tags.

So far I haven't seen many posts for webdynpro app's on blackberry... I'm wondering what could be the reasons for this silence.

Regards,

Vitaliano

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliano,

I have installed the SAP delivered application MSON wich brings CRM to a BB device. Here is a RadioButton when you create a Opportunity and you want to choose which kind of Opportunity it is. This RadioButton works perfect. Try to get the source of this application and find out what they have done different. It is running on out SAP WebAS 6.40 SP 12 Java. Perhaps your SP level is to low.

The problem with new technologies in the SAP Enviroment is alway the long time it takes the customers to adopt it. Many are happy with their R/3 4.6C which does not provide the technology for all this nice features. I think this will change when more companies switch to mySAP ERP.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor,

unfortunately I am running SP13. Will move this issue to an OSS since I beleave it is a webdynpro bug when rendering single radiobuttons to WML.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vitaliano,

I having the same problem with radiobuttons and I´m not getting any help from the forums :S

Did you ever solve that problem?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still got no answers... is this the right place or shall I try move this question to WebDynpro forum?