cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down Box / Search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement like I have two input fields first is drop down and second input field is with input help.

Requirement is like first field is having value all application (web dyn pro component), user specific application (web dyn pro component) And second field have application name(web dyn pro component). Suppose I select all application (web dyn pro component) then second field help should show all web dyn pro component name and if I select user specific application (web dyn pro component) so the help should show only current user specific web dyn pro component. Can any one give me Step By Step example

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Varun Kumar Jain on Dec 31, 2007 5:41 AM

Edited by: Varun Kumar Jain on Dec 31, 2007 6:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun Kumar Jain,

At the Onselect event of drop down you can read the value selected from the drop down. Based on the value selected , you can write query to fetch all the datas required for your second input field, then using OVS you can create a dynamic search help and can be attached.

its better if u can make the second field also as a drop down, so that displaying the data will be much easier that F4 help and also, if u are putting input field , user have the provision to enter values other than whats displayed in f4, so u have to manually write checks.

Regards

Sarath

Answers (0)