cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP xMII 12-Authorization error when importing "InspectionLotList.trx"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had newly Installed SAP xMII 12 on SAP Netweaver 7.0 and configuring "Query ECC for Inspection Lot Lists" scenario as per the "SAP xMII 12.0 Configuration Guide"

I created "New Project" by name "QM" in "SAP xMII Wrokbench" and tried to import the transactions Eg: "InspectionLotList.trx" but it fails saying

"Error importing "InspectionLotList.trx": xmiiadmin is not assigned to the role that can perform this action"

<xmiiadmin> is user which has roles: XMII Administrator, XMII Developer & XMII Users

I had given full access to user "xmiiadmin", but still it fails. Can anyone help me?

When I check the "Assigned Actions" for role "XMII Administrator" there is nothing. Is this the problem?

I tried to assign all the "Actions" that exist in the system to role "XMII Administrator" and perform the import, but still it fails.

Appreciate if anyone helps..

Cheers,

RAJU

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAJU,

first of all I'm guessing that you are on 12.0.2.

I also think that you like to import a 11.5 Transaktion (InspectionLotList.trx) directly into the Workbench of 12.0. This is not possible as far as I know. You have to use the Migration Tool to do so. The Migration Tool is avaliable on the Service Market Place. Even if you have no 11.5 Version installed you should be able to migrate 11.5 stuff if you have the same folder structure prepared as 11.5 expects. You can find more Information about this Folder structure if you look up the Best Practice Guide for xMII in the SDN.

So please migrate using the Migration Tool and not just import from 11.5. If this don't works ask again.

Ciao

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply, but in my case I had installed newly xMII 12.0 SP2 (I am not migrating from xMII 11.5)

I had downloaded these transaction (InspectionLotList.trx) from www.sdn.sap.com --> Downloads --> Manufacturing Tools --> SAP xApp Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (xMII) Templates --> Download --> Download QM I donot know whether the above download is for 11.5 or 12.0.

As per the SAP XMII 12.0 Configuration guide, I am importing using Workbench of 12.0.

Can you plz let me know the path for downloading Migration tool? Can I use this in xMII 12.0?

I am having Best Practice Guide for xMII for version 11.0 to 11.5, but I haven't got for version 12.0. Can you also plz let me know the path for "Best Practice Guide for xMII 12.0"?

Cheers,

RAJU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAJU,

There is no Best Practice Guide for Version 12.0 avaliable at the moment. Refere to Page 6 of this guide (11.5) to get the path names: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30f43a39-be98-2910-9d9c-a59785f4...

The Migation Tool is avaliable on the SAP Service Market Place:

It is build to import 11.5 content to 12.0 you have to run it on a machine where you have prepeared the propper 11.5 folder structure. The Migation Tool will be able to connect to your 12.0 system to import the 11.5 stuff.

As the content of "Download QM" was last updated in December 2006 it is still on 11.5 I assume.

Ciao

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Now I deployed Migration Tool for SAP xMII 12.0 using JSPM.

(In xMII 11.5 the migration tool is "migrate.bat", but in xMII 12 the migration tool is xxx.sca, so I deployed into my Netweaver Java system where I have SAP xMII 12.0.)

Now how should I call this SAP xMII 12.0 Migration tool? I donot have "migrate.bat" file.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,

RAJU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I am able to call the Migration tool from

"D:\usr\sap\NW1\SYS\global\migration\migration.bat"

but now how do I import the transactions (xx.trx) files into my xMII 12.0?

I copied the xx.trx (transaction) files into my below folders:

C:\Lighthammer\Xacute\Transactions\SAP\ModuleLibraries\QM\xx.trx

C:\Lighthammer\Xacute\Transactions\SAP\ModuleLibraries\Common\xx.trx

and selected the "Projects" in "Objects to Migrate", but it fails saying

"Loading default template properties from C:/Lighthammer/Illuminator/Templates/Defaults/ReportObject.xml

Unable to load default template properties for ReportObject, C:\Lighthammer\Illuminator\Templates\Defaults\ReportObject.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)

Can you plz let me know what parameters has to be given so that it picks up my "xx.trx" files which are there in folder "C:\Lighthammer\Xacute\Transactions\SAP\ModuleLibraries\QM\xx.trx" ??

In which country you are located? Can you give your contact no?

Cheers,

RAJU

+1-408-807-4929

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Raju,

The transaction files on the SDN where built for 11.5. Therefore in order to import them to 12.0 you would need to run the migration wizard. The problem you are having is in the actual trx file the Reader and Writer Roles are still referencing 11.5 and not 12.0 users therefore it errors out on import.

Here are some work arounds:

1. Use the Migration Tool to import them

2. Manually modify the .trx file to contain "XMII Administrators", "XMII Developers" and "XMII Users" for reader and write roles accordingly and then try to import. The data is in xml format for the .trx file extension.

The best route to go would be the migration tool it is easier for many files like you have.

Regards,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Thanks a lot.

I modified the file (xx.trx) to contain "XMII Administrators", "XMII Developers". Now it got imported sucessfully.

Once again thanks a lot.

Cheers,

RAJU

Answers (0)