cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testdrive N4S with Fedora 8 - Database Start failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed the System N4S successfully on a Fedora 8, kernel 2.6.23, but Database start ends up with failure.

Message from startdb.log:

Starting XServer

12916 XSERVER Found other running x_server with version 'X64/LINUX 7.6.00 Build 018-123-119-055'

12902 XSERVER started, 'already...'

-

So 30. Dez 19:01:41 CET 2007

Starting database

Starting Database Instance...

Error! XUser not found!

Opening Database...

Error! XUser not found!

DB-log Files indicate some missing crypt-libs:

-

trc file: "/sapdb/data/wrk/niserver_machine64.trace", trc level: 1, release: "700"

-

Sun Dec 30 18:13:50 2007

• ERROR => DlLoadLib: dlopen()= /sapdb/programs/lib/libsapcrypto.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory -> DLENOACCESS (0,Success) [dlux.c 314]

• ERROR => CDKLoadSAPCryptModule: Loading of /sapdb/programs/lib/libsapcrypto.so failed! [cdkapi.c 204]

This library was obviously not included in the testdrive.

However this seems to result only in a warning and to be not the real problem.

I saw somewhere already a comment advising an upgrade of the database-version because of some library conflicts with an other problem:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=7692305&messageID=3719866

Can somebody advise on that topic?

Thank you and kind regards,

Axel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Axel,

having no XUSERs (needed for database connection) makes an automated database start impossible. Can you check, if you have a XUSER file in the home directory of n4sadm?

$> su - n4sadm

#> cd

#> ls -la .XUSER.62

-rw------- 1 n4sadm sapsys 1724 Apr 20 2007 .XUSER.62

If it is there, but you can't connect to the database, it should make a copy of the old one with:

mv -a .XUSER.62 .XUSER.62.org

and create a new one, which you should do if the file isn't there as well:

/sapdb/programs/bin/xuser -U DEFAULT -u sapn4s,sapn4sadm -d N4S -n n4shost -S SAPR3 -t 0 -I 0 set

/sapdb/programs/bin/xuser -U c -u control,sapn4sadm -d N4S -n n4shost -S SAPR3 -t 0 -I 0 set

/sapdb/programs/bin/xuser -U c_J2EE -u control,sapn4sadm -d N4S -n n4shost -S SAPR3 -t 0 -I 0 set

/sapdb/programs/bin/xuser -U w -u superdba,sapn4sadm -d N4S -n n4shost -S SAPR3 -t 0 -I 0 set

After executing the 4 commands, a new .XUSER.62 file will be there, which allows you to start the database.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hannes,

the XUSER file did not exist, for some reasons the installation scrip seems to fail. (Maybe I used a wrong shell?)

After manuell execution of the 4 commands the file exists and the database can be started.

Thank you and kind regards,

Axel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

Are you starting the database as root? From the error below, it appears that you are not using the sidadm user to start SAP since it cannot locate the environment variables located in the home directory (these are stored in the hidden cshell profile files).

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver

> Starting Database Instance...

> Error! XUser not found!

> Opening Database...

> Error! XUser not found!