cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing with DATA MANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

While directly importing with the help of data manager it gives me an error.

It doesnt import data from each and every field, it gives me two kins of error

1) some fields dont exist

2) another type of error is unable to find a lookup value.

And do suggest, even if Import manager exists when can i use this functionality.

regards

+

| Eleana West

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all this Functionality can be used whenever u are sure that the data which has to be imported is free of any redundancies then only it is feasible to use this functionality.

Otherwise u need to use import mgr so that any kind of duplicates records can be eliminated.

And the errors which u are getting are

1) some fields dont exist

It gives bcoz from the source side the columns names do not match with the names on the destination side i.e.. the field names in the repository structure.

2) another type of error is unable to find a lookup value.

Even if the field names match and if the field on the destination side is a kind of lookup field i.e.. in turn its looking up in some other table then this kind of error arises.

u can bypass this error while importing thru data mgr by clicking on option button either skip value or skip record.

Hope dis clears ur doubt.

If any other queries feel free to ask

Regards Tejas..............

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data import using data manager works only when all columns match exactly to field names defined in repository even the data types also.Consider the case of excel files wherein for one column say u have both text and integer values as well as null values.based upon the MS registrey used excel will convert all these to one data type and u may lose some data.

Best way to use this feature is to export the data from Data manager(select say only 1 record), see the excel file generated which will have the required column names and structure and then rework on the source file to match this exported file.This will take care of max errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am having the same issue. In my case ! i exported the data from MDM Data Manager to an excel. Made some changes in the excel and tried to re-import it into MDM using MDM Data Manager. But it does not impot at all. It gives an error for every line saying " import Failed "

Can anyone advice me on this ?

Thanks!

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Try skipping those records while importing directly into the data manager.

There might be some data type errors which the excel cannot understand. Try skipping those records which give errors or else only skip only those values which are giving error.

Hope dis helps u

Regards Tejas.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas ,

Thanks for the reponse . The MDM Data Manager does not import the new values for the Price Information. Updating or replacing the values, does not change the existing value. It always says " modifying the record failed " . Can you assist me on this issue ?

Thanks !

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

As per my understanding if any of the values in the record is looking up into another sub table then there might be a problem importing it.

Regards Tejas......