cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN 4.0 Instalation help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear All,

I have recently given a task to install SOLMAN 4.0 and provided me a documet for help, in the documet it describes only about the CENTRAL INSTALATION. i fallowed the document and installed the CENTRAL INSTANCE, I am just wondering if I have to do the DB INSTANCE as well?

I spoke to one of my friends and he said try logging in from the log on pad after the CENTRAL INSTANCE instalation it wont allow you to log in but in my case its allowing me to log in with SAP*.

But I havent installed the DB INSTANCE.

Please provide me some help regarding this.

Kind Regards,

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

During the installation of Sm 4.0 you choose central system installation which consist of installation of CENTRAL as well as DB instance, no need to do seperate installation of DB instance.

In your case you do the perfect job as you able to login using SAP*, go & check with OS level whether your DB is created or not.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

you need to change the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to value 1 to activate the password being taken from kernel instead of database. In previous releases the default was the other way around, if I remember this correctly.

For your other question what else to do in Solution Manager? The first step before maintenance optimizer would be to ensure all your systems are maintained in SMSY transaction including the RFC connections. You have to create a solution in dswp (solution_manager) transaction and as well make sure that the saprouter is setup in OSS1 transaction.

Markus

former_member196353
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your SM4.0 you need to only select central system and no need to worry as you have done a good job and just do R3trans -d and check the return code if that 0000 then you are able to connect from R3level to DB ok take care and happy new year.

Regards,

iqbal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your reply and it helped me a lot. First I wish you happy new year guys.

If you can help me out with this one would be great.

I created a client in SOLMAN 4.0 and i am unable to log in with SAP* and password as PASS. any way to resolve the situation?

And one more question what are all the things that to be configured before we can start using the SOLMAN.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Vamsi