Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create SO based on PO of different company code

kennethkw_chan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a standard set up for SO creation from a PO of different company code?

Much appreciate if you could let me know the details.

Cheers,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

We do the same thing which we call the Intercompany process (though it is lot different from std SAP intercompany process)

1. We have created a ztable linking the sales org and the company codes for which the POs need to be created. This table also has the sold to party and Vendor mapping.

2. When sales order is saved, we trigger an outbound IDOC, which takes the value from these tcodes,and using this IDOC we create another inboudn IDOC using which we create PO

3. Then we update the PO created in the sales order header in PO field using the IDOC ORDCHE

You can follow this procedure if it suits ur need.

kennethkw_chan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

Thanks for your input.

Yes, it's quite similar to my process, just the other way round. PO -> SO.

As I'm not familiar with EDI IDoc, can you tell me more on 'how' the set up for output --> IDoc; O. IDoc --> I.IDoc & I.IDoc --> document creation.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Kenneth

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again,

you dont need IDOCs always to create a sales order. You can also create a sales order automatically from the PO through an online job. You can discuss with your ABAPer about online job and they can be able to help you.

For IDOCs

You can enable sales order through IDOCs also. For this you have to create a message type for the PO and the transmission medium should be maintained as 6. Explaining the IDOCs fully may not be possible here. However it is easy to configure IDOC if you know message determination in MM or outputs in SD.

To know more about IDOCs you can go to the links given below. They are the best ones I have seen so far.

http://sapabaplive.blogspot.com/search/label/idocs

http://abapliveinfo.blogspot.com/2007/12/abap-idocs-basic-procedures.html

You should also discuss with the technical team on the function module which should update the IDOC. The FM needs to be developed.

Also I am updating some of the tcodes which I know of IDOCS

WE20----PARTNER PROFILE

WE20----TO INCLUDE PROCESS CODE TO PARTNER PROFILE

WE41----TO CREATE PROCESS CODE

WE21----PORT DEFINITION

SM59----RFC ADMINISTRATION

WE46----IDOC ADMINISTRATION

WE06----ACTIVE MONITORING

WE07----IDOC STATISTICS

WE09----IDOC DATABASE

WE10----IDOC IN ARCHIVE

WE08----FILE INTERFACE

WECP----CPIC INTERFACE

SM58----TRANSACTIONAL RFC

WE64----PROCESS CODES

There can be some other ways also by which you can create SO from POs, and you can get many ideas if you talk to your developer. My reply was more in the perspective of the company codes that how to determine the second ccode based on teh ccode of one document.

Please let me know if you need some more info

You can reward me if this info helps u

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please let me know about it in detail like if the other company code belongs to the same group company or he is a different customer.

however, if its a customer PO which needs to generate a SO in our company code, then a mail should trigger from the customer and reach our SAP system. Then a BAPI can read such mail, and generate a sales orderr in SAP.

Regards,

Sadhu kishore

kennethkw_chan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu,

The PO is from different company code but within same 'group of company'.

I roughly know the flow is something like:

PO --> output message

Output message --> outbound IDoc

Outbound IDoc --> program

Program --> Inbound IDoc

Inbound IDoc --> SO

But I want to know the details of set up and customizing. Could you help in these areas?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Kenneth Chan