cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Real-time work clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Currently am doing some functionality testing in the MDM for example working in the console,Import manager,client as well as Syndicator. Kindly let me what will be the real-time work for an MDM consultant. If an Company Installed MDM what will be work needs to be done, is there any document available for the same.

thanks

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I started on MDM 5 months ago on a project that intends to implement MDM as product data hub. Check out my blog for initial prep and console set up details.

To give you a high level overview of the whole process:

Based on your ERD, create repository and configure all the objects. For taxonomy, config. is done in data manager.

Then, from the currently available sources, consolidate data, and import into the repository.

Creating validation expressions to control manual entry errors as well as to validate data for completeness, business rules, accuracy, etc. is done in data manager.

Use syndicator to extract data out of MDM and distribute to target systems.

MDM's java API is useful if you want to write java classes or methods that could perform import as well as syndication out of the repository.

Before any production install, you get the repository configured accurately, and perform several practice imports into and extractions out of the repository.

Is the information you are looking for along these lines?

Good luck!

Savi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Savi

Got something to proceed on my MDM career, kindly let me know ur mail id.

thanks

Alexander

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I don't know if you have come across the recent Weblog by Savitri Sharma about tips and tricks for settings in the MDM Console. See http://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/2405. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

This may be helful in this respect.

Regards, Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander,

Please find the link to a project plan document on the Service Market place. This document has given the list of activities that you will have to do.

However, depending on your customer's requirements there could be more activities.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700002569842005E/MDM55ImplementationPlan.mpp

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward points if this answers your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Could you please send me the Information in excel sheet or word document since I dont have mpp at my system couldn't open the same.

Would be great if you send the same asap.

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your mail id?

Former Member
0 Kudos

alexander.peace@gmail.com

a.raja@sap.com