cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

considering storage capacity constraint during planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can we model the storage capacity constraint in SNP or PP/DS..?

The requirement is ,during planning the storage capacity constraint for storing the finished product in the plant needs to be considered.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I can tell storage capacity is only considered by SNP Optimizer. (Not even PPDS)

However, Heuristics can be made to use the Storage Capacity information to generate alerts. I have successfully tried this out for Heuristics but was not successful with CTM.

Check the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I have referred the link suggested by you.

Hoever, it was not clear about the steps to be followed in creating the necessary master data required for this scenario.

Could you please elaborate on the steps which you had followed ..?

thanks

Ram

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Step 1: Define a Storage Resource in a Location

Step 2: In the Location Master, under the Resources tab define the Storage Resource

Step 3: Fill up the "Consumption of Storage Capacity per Unit of Material" field in the Location Product master in the GR/GI tab

Step 4: Setup the Resource overload in bucket (DB alert) macro which one can view in the Capacity Data View.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

Unfortunately there is nothing standard to consider storage capacity constraint during a planning run in APO. Srinivas has outlined on quick, easy but manual process - which is used at my current project.

There is another option - using Container Resource which requires extensive Master Data (maps Storage Location in R/3 to Container Resource in APO) setup but again does not provide Order Creation based on Storage Resource during a planning run. You can refer to SAP Note 498223 and/or refer pages 52 to 59 of APO 3.1 Release Notes.

Regards,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thanks for your response.

your answer was helpful.

Regarding the option which you are currently using in your project, I believe it will only shows the alerts. I am not sure if you are using this only to display the alerts. Could you please elaborate what action you take based on this alert..?

It will be helpful if you can briefly explain the requirement and how the same was mapped.

Thanks for the help.

Wishing you and forum members, a very hapy new year.

Best Regards,

Ram

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

You are correct. Business users review the alerts only (that too SNP) and then have to manually act on them. The scenario is different products stored in a Warehouse. The Warehouse storage capacity is defined as a single Storage Resource. This is a downside - single Storage Resource per Location. Different products have different Base UoM hence we have a custom development to populate Storage Cons. per Base UoM to the corresponding UoM of the Storage Resource.

I am not aware of the actual business practice (new to this project) in practice but process requires users to manually change the dates of Stock Transfer Requisitions.

Thanks,

somnath