cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am getting the error below when processing a message using the file adapter. The message is viewable in the runtime workbench (message monitoring). I am on the assumption that it means one of two things, neither of which I am able to confirm at this point. Either the message it too big (very possible), or it can not connect to the endpoint.

Is anyone familiar with this error message? The host and port are correct, I just removed them for proprietary reasons. This setup has worked in the past, but it just started to fail.

Here is the error message:

<b><i>Transmitting the message to endpoint http://<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.nio.BufferOverflowException.</i></b>

Thanks!

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS note 872508 explains this error.

Also check icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB parameter is set to max value 2097152 in the instance profile.

OSS Note 872508 - XI 3.0 AF: BufferOverflowException when sending large msgs

Here is a copy of the OSS Note

Symptom

When sending large messages > 16 MB through the XI Adapter Framework, you proradically receive a java.nio.BufferOverflowException in the J2EE trace and/or Audit Log.

Other terms

XI30, File Adapter, JDBC Adapter, Messaging System, XI Adapter

Reason and Prerequisites

This problem is caused by a bug in the Sun JVM and has been fixed as of version 1.4.2_08 and 1.3.1_16.

For details, refer to http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4949631.

Solution

If you are using JDK 1.4.2, upgrade to JDK 1.4.2_08 or higher. If you are using JDK 1.3.1, upgrade to JDK 1.3.1_16 or higher.

For details regarding the JDK upgrade, refer to note 718901.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan;

Thanks for the notes, we will try the upgrade at some point. For now, we will run the process more often to reduce the file size. It certainly seems to apply to what we are experiencing.

Thanks!

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am glad it was helpful. I always check the OSS Notes at least once a week, thats how I found this one and saved it.

regards

Shravan

Answers (0)