cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File -> XI -> File (Async)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a scenario File- > XI - > File. (Async).

I only want to delete a file in origin if it was generated at the destination, and right way. How do?

Thanks in advance,

Aroldo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

select mode as DELETE, it will delete file after selection from SAP..

you cn use file adapter at both end

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is not possible you are specifying process is Asynchronous which means the sender does not expect anything in return from receiver.

You are trying to delete a file at source only if it is created in target this means you are expecting some info in return.

Not possible in Asynchronous.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add on my previous response, Remember it is hard to do it as it is Asynchronous, meaning you do not know if the file has been created at the receiver end instantaneously and that is why!

One another Option is to set the Sender Communication Channel "Processing Mode" Parameter to "Set to Read Only".

Edited by: Rajkumar Thasma on Jan 10, 2008 5:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt you can do that with the default File Adapter in the XI Adapter Engine. (Maybe if you write your own file adapter). When you set the mode to "Delete", it deletes it first before taking it to the XI pipeline. I know the pain.

Also if you think that the file is gone and the process is in error, you always have the option to restart where the file will be in cache. You do not need to Rerun the process, but restart it. This way, you wont need the file again.