cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark for Review Forum Feature hides posts after 5th time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN and BPX Forum Aficionados,

The abuse button has another little known feature that has the potential to really improve the quality of forum content.

You mark a post for review by hitting the ! icon, select a category and please add a couple of words why and it gets marked for moderation.

If there are 4 other people that think a post doesn't belong to this forum, the thread automatically goes into hiding until a moderator has time to look at it and can take action accordingly.

It puts the community back into the driver seat. If enough people think a post doesn't belong it is gone. You have to be logged in to do this. See the [documentation|http://www.jivesoftware.com/jive/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=33&externalID=1321&fromSearchPage=true]

The threshold is set to 5 at the moment throughout all forums. Probably it will have to be fine tuned over time depending on how active a forum is.

This is going to be really interesting in 2008.

Happy New Year to all of you, Mark.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark - if a person asks a question related to say, performance that is in fact about enhancements, should that be marked for review?

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the offender get "notice" that the question/thread as been hidden and "why"? - keeping the reproter anonymous, of course - would hate to start a sniping war

I think there should be some more obvious education/advertising of what constitutes "abuse" so that contributors and askers are aware of what is acceptable - Of course I suppose that this can be missued too.

PS - I had been looking for an explanation of the "report abuse" icon and "SEARCH" revels very little. Your topic: "Mark for Review Forum Feature" contains no word related to "report abuse"

Edited by: Althea Madigan on Jan 2, 2008 10:21 AM

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Does the offender get "notice" that the question/thread as been hidden and "why"? - keeping the reproter anonymous, of course - would hate to start a sniping war

>

> I think there should be some more obvious education/advertising of what constitutes "abuse" so that contributors and askers are aware of what is acceptable - Of course I suppose that this can be missued too.

>

> PS - I had been looking for an explanation of the "report abuse" icon and "SEARCH" revels very little. Your topic: "Mark for Review Forum Feature" contains no word related to "report abuse"

Hi Althea,

Happy New Year to everyone.

At the moment the poster doesn't get a message automatically. Once a moderator has looked at it and rejected the post, there is a possibility of an email being sent. We are looking into that.

It is true, we have to explain a bit more about the functionality of the Report Abuse feature.

Will do so soon, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Great news !

Maybe less spam for 2008 !

This would make a good new SAP year !

Olivier

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark:

Great news! Hope to it working soon -:) This would really help the community to take more actions and help moderator to perform a better job...

Greetings,

Blag.