cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* and DDIC are locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have installed 2004s ABAP WAS successfully. When I tried to login to client 000 as SAP* using password 06071992 i was not able to login to the system. I have enabled SAP* in the instace profile. I have tried with pass also and ultimately i ended up locking the user SAP* and DDIC as well.

Now I want to delete SAP* from usr02 table. to delete that I need to know the schema name. can you please help me to find out schema name. or any other solution to login to the system.

Thanks in advance,

Chakri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chakri,

The schema name is sap<sid> where <sid> is the SAPSID of your system. Pass as a password for sap* only works if you set the paramater login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0 and you have deleted the user sap* from client 000 in table usr02. It's not a good idea to delete sap*.

There is a better way.

During the install you entered the passwords for SAP* and DDIC. So maybe you remember them?

Better is to use login/failed_user_auto_unlock=1. This parameter controls the unlocking of users locked by logging on incorrectly. If the parameter is set to 1, locks that were set due to failed password logon attempts only apply on the same day (as the locking). The user will be unlocked at midnight.

After setting the parameter you need to restart the SAP system.

Goodluck,

Hay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Hay for your reply.