cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set several printers as output devices when scheduling a job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on ECC 6.0. I am scheduling background jobs through sm36 and I must configure 3 different printers as output devices, that is to say the output must go to 3 printers at the same time. I can not find how to do it. Could you please help me ?

many thanks,

Best regards,

Guislain Libessart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think thats possible. As far as I know only one device can be specified.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Many thanks for the answer, I gave some reward points. Could somebody else confirm that only one device can be set ?

Best regards,

Guislain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

I confirm Juan is right.

It would be possible only by programmation.

You could imagine to send the result of your report only to the spool int te first step of the job and then to launch a second step with a specific program that would output the spool request on a list of printers defined in the variant.

This program should be easy to develop for a qualified abaper.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks to both of you for the answers.

Best regards,

Guislain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reverse your logic.

Split the batch job into three parts, each part going to a different printer.

Rather than one job going to multiple printers

James

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am really sorry, about those responses but it is possible. You will have to create a POOL printer for the same.

Goto SPAD

Create a New Printer with

Device type : It should be common for all those actual printer where the printing will happen.

Device Class : Device Pool

(When you set this Device Class It will open one more tab "Device Pool" and the tab "Acces Method" will no more be there)

Goto the "Device Pool" Tab Add the printers to which the print will redirected to. And choose the option "Send to All Devices in Pool".

Now assign this POOL printer to the background job from which you want to print the outout to all those printers.

Regards,

Sanujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo,

You are right : this seems a possible solution.

Thank you : I learnt something new on SAP printing today !

Best Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for that very useful information ! reward points added !