cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm getting an error while processing billing.(VF01)

It says "no accounting document generated".

What should I do?.

Regards,

Nazim.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check and do the following.

Go to invoice header and look at the date. If the date is in the past(closed accounting period), no accounting document will be generated. Enter the current date in the date field and save the doument. See whether the document gets posted.

If this does not solve the problem, the problem could be with account determination. Open the invoice using Txn:VF02 , goto "environment"->"account determination analysis" ->"revenue accounts" and see whether everything is ok. If there is problem with account determination, you can go to billing document header and change "customer account group" and if that doesn't solve the problem, goto billing document line items and change the "material account group" and save the document.

Pl acknowledge, if useful

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muralitharan,

Thanks a Lot.

When I did the steps you mentioned; i.e, VF02 and then clicked on the post flag, but it did not release to accounting, instead it gave an error: no. range 01 missing for xx_beleg in billing-FBN1 or something like that....so i went to FBN1 and gave the missing number range. This way the problem was solved.

Thanks.

Nazim.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"No accounting document generated" is not an error message for billing document. ie it allows you to save the document (VF01). It is an error message for releasing billing document to accounts.

Once the document is saved using VF02 or VFX3 you first get the details of the error message by double-clicking on it.

Normally if this a problem with few invoices (not all) then the problem lies with material. For example account assignemnt group (material master -> Sales Sales Org 2 view) is not maintained for the material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

VF02 is an follow-on activity of VF01. It is possible that in Billing Type Posting Block is activated (Ticked), which will not release the Billing Document to Accounting. Billing Document can be released to accounting in VF02 also.

Incase of Credit Memo, it is standard functionality that Credit memo is released to accounting through VF02 (based on configuration settings).

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

first try in VF02 and enter the invoice number and click "release to acounting" green flag icon

if the error continues check u r revenue account determination in VKOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already done VKOA. Anyways i'll try the VF02 you've mentioned.

But are you asking me to do VF02 before VF01. How is it possible?

Or are you asking me to do VF01, then go back and do the VF02 and release to acccounting.

Thanks in Advance,

Nazim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain the G/L accounts in VKOA..

Saubhagya