cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPEN DATASET FROM BSP OnInputprocessing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys!

I try to write a text file to the application server using oninputprocessing method in a bsp application by OPEN DATASET. If I run the BSP applcation in a LAN environment everything goes well, the application creates the file and writes the data. But if I run the same application from WAN the app. retuns with OPEN_DATASET_NO_AUTHORITY. To login users automatically i use a technical user for the internet service of this BSP application - this user is : service type.

The application is achieved on https. The only difference is the IP range (reached application from WAN or LAN).

How could I preform this file creation from WAN (same as it works in LAN environment)

Thanks Héger A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not agree, the major difference seems to be the account. I think you will

succeed when logging on to your BSP application using a named user account. Isn't it?

regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tobias!

The problem was solved , by using specified roles for the technical user. In this case the roles are giving rigthts for the used areas and is able to reach the app. outside fom LAN

Back to the original question:

Both occasion I use the mentioned webuser without any rights.

But I can use open_datset in a LAN environmet but couldn't from WAN.

I ran the application in test mode logged in sap as a developer user, in se80 rigtht click on default.htm (entering point of webapp) then Test...

Next step sap calls IE and runs the app, but logging in automatically as the technical user

How does SAP "know" the runing environment? - I know is a stupid question, but this mechanism (i.e. in LAN occasion it runs but WAN doesn't run and evreything is the same in both occassion ) is totally ununderstable for me.

The question is why can