cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Designer web service call has no response

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed Adobe Designer 7.0 locally and created a form which uses a data connection to a web service for a standard BAPI.

The form designer was able to load the WSDL correctly and I was able to include the desired input and output fields as well as the submit button (which was under the data connection).

However, when I tried to run the form, nothing happens when I click on the submit button.

The properties of the button indicate an execute of a data connection and all the entries seem ok.

For verification, I tested the web service using SAP SOAP Client and everything works fine.

The web service browser is running on WebAS620 - could this be the issue? I hope not - it doesn't make sense because a SOAP call should be independent of the underlying system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, I've also searched about the same problem for 2 weeks.

What I now understand is as following:

1. If we have not Adobe Reader Extension license as a server component or

2. If we have not Adobe professional 8.0

It is NOT possible to use WSDL connections to retrieve any data from R/3 databases.

So it means that having an Adobe LiveCycle Designer and Acrobat Reader 8.0 is not enough for us. We should pay for smth to use web services integration features.

Am I right?

This is very bad news for me. Because I try to develop Travel Request and Expense forms via SFP transaction by copying them from standards and getting a few extra information is not possible unless I use web services. The interfaces that these forms use have huge complexity and modificitation of them seems as a nightmare.

Are there any alternate ways for me for example calling ABAP functions by using FormCalc or JScript, etc?

Thank you for your interest.

Volkan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got the same problem. Due to my tests I can add the following:

- The WSDL used binding type Document (when using RPC the WSDL cannot be imported)

- I tested it on a WebAS 6.40

- I added the sap-user and sap-password parameters to the soap address

- The button attribute "Run at" is set to server

- The PDF returns with "Cannot post to ''." when clicking the button.

- The service runs fine if used from a PDF within a webdynpro, but I want to get it running from a stand-alone PDF also.

Looking forward to any help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll need to submit your xdp file to the Adobe Document Server (ADS), which will generate a pdf file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shuyuan,

that indeed appears to solve the problem.

I tried it first with the standalone adobe designer, and that did not work. From the designer within SFP, and indeed after the activation, anything seems to work, and some additional JS code is added on the onclick event of the button of the dataconnection.

However, I still do not understand why. If anyone can shine a light on that I would be very grateful.

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

the reason why it works when you generate the form using the Adobe document services is that certain authorizations are applied to the PDF generated on the server (!). These so-called Reader Rights (or Usage Rights, or ubiquitization rights) make it possible for end users to fill in interactive PDF forms. Upon opening a PDF, the rights are identified by Adobe Reader, which in turn activates the editing capabilities in Reader, which are normally not active.

Without the server component, no Reader Rights are applied, that is the form is not 'properly' interactive. What you see on the Preview tab in Designer is just that: a visual representation of the form.

Regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP Netweaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wrapped a RFC as a web service and created a new data connection in the Adobe. Everything seems to work fine. and the RFC code gets executed.

But I am experiencing cases when this is not getting executed at times even after clicking many times. (triggerring the Web service through the execute button).

I would like to know what are the factors that are not enabling the webservice execute successfully.

Is it -

1. the no: of parameters being passed?

2. Network speed?

3. .... or any other.

Some days the service gets executed but some times it won't (the code and the backend settings remain the same). It seems like its out of my control on what makes it work and not... Can this be fixed?

There were even cases when it will seem to work only on the second or third atttempt.

Please throw some light into this. On top of this, i am not able to have the login option for the user, before executing the service in Adobe.

(All the testing are done on a single system, so there is no option of differences in system settings)

Dezso or experts.. please update...

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

I'm struggling with the same problem. I developed the form in SFP, I tested the web service with a third party tool, this works fine. I added a new dataconnection and imported the wsdl file. I linked the request parameter to a from field and the returns parameters to a form field, added a button with "execute" , with run at server option. I didn't check the Re-merge Form data check-box. When generating the form everything gous well, when I open the form in the reader and fill in the request parameter and push the button i still get the message :

"can not post data to."

I'm using Adobe Reader 7.09 and Life Cycle Designer 7.1. On a SAP ECC 6.0 SP08 system.

Do you have example script for binding the request node to a field value ? Or a example of the additional coding you used. I'm really looking for more scripting examples because I'm a real ABAP-guy.

I hope you have some extra information for me to solve this problem.

Thanx in advance.

Jasper