cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

When I try to create a new catalog for my new notification type there exists an error "Catalog types A through O are reserved. Change your entry"..are those reserved by SAP? Can2t we use them?? because there is no empty field between O and Z..Is there a limit with creating catalog??How can I pass this problem.

Can anyone help me pls??

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

As you said you can able to create catalog from O to Z only ,as from A to O is reserved for SAP .anyway you can use it for different scenerio.

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I use the catalogs resered by SAP?? when I try to use one of them it gives me an error..

Can you explain it pls.

Thanks...

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you explain what you are doing exactly ,

you can create codes for that characteristic and use it in your application

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a new notification type in PM. and also I need new catalogs for this notification.

In "SPRO" , under Notification Content--> Maintain Catalogs...Define Catalogs..New Entries..

When I try to create a new catalog it igves error..

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

for this you can create cataloge type as Q ( since A to O is reserved for SAP) and create code group( QS41 ) and assign this to the catalog profile for the nofication type

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already said above there is no empty catalog btw O-Z, so I have to use yhe one btw A-O..Is there any way,how can I use the A to Z catalogs??

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Please understand catalogs are created by SAP ,so from 1 to 9 and from A to O it is for SAP only ,as far as SAP ECC6 is concerned they have created catalogs upto I only hence remaining J,K,L,M,N, & O were reserved for SAP for future improvements,hence you can use only upto which SAP has defined.

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a solution,someone may need this..

There exist a table (TQ15), if you enter the catalog name which you wan to use, then you can see it at Tcode QS41 and fill subcatalogs.

But there is a problem,if SAP use that catalog later, in a upgrade you have to say 'bye byee' to your catalog....

Best regards...