cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Application File

Former Member
0 Kudos

While opening text (*.txt) file in dms after checkin into storage system the following error msg is shown,

NO PROGRAM AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING DOCUMENT.

I have done the necessary settings in trans. code DC30.

Please help me in solving this error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please tell me what parameter you have maintained in transaction DC30. I would recommend you to use the parameter %AUTO% for application types 1-3 for the used frontend type. I have maintained the following in our internal test system:

PC TXT 1 Text %auto%

PC TXT 2 Text %auto%

PC TXT 3 Text %auto%

Further please check if you have maintained the following values for the workstation application:

WS application TXT

Description Textfiles

Archive identificatio *

File suffix for appl. txt

File format *.txt

MIME type plain/text

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for usefull information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph i checked and its working but both display and edit options opens txt file in separate window.

previously i had set the following parameters in DC30,

PC TXT 2 Text %SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.OUTPLACE%

for editing txt file in separate window.

PC TXT 1 Text %SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.INPLACE%

for displaying txt file in same window.

please let me know if these parameters are correct for txt files,if no then let me know the reason.

Thanks in advance.

Manoj

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

normally these parameters are designed for display or edit Microsoft Office Documents (e.g. Word, Excel,...). With the INPLACE parameter the original is opened wihtin the SAP Window but with OUTPLACE a seperate window is opened.

Of course you can try these parameters too. I'm not sure if this works for TXT files also, because I did not test this. You will find more information on these parameters also by using the blue information button in transaction DC30.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per the blue information button it seems that inplace and outplace parameters are applicable to microsoft application such as word,excel..

but it will be helpful if u try these inplace and outplace parameters to txt format.

Thanks,

Manoj

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tested the behavior with the SAP-OFFICEINTEGRATION parameter and unfortunatly this seems not to work. By trying to display the TXT file the error message "SOFFICEINTEGRATION108" was displayed to me.

So the only working parameter seems to be %AUTO% for textfiles (TXT). I'm sorry that I cannot offer you another possibility.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your useful information.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

For opening/editing a text file in SAP window we need to change the suffix of the the application.

Replace suffix "TXT" by "DOC" & then define workstation as %SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.INPLACE% or OUTPLACE

Answers (0)