cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vertical text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I do have a requirement to have a text in vertical format.

For example, like a vertical text in the business graphics for the y axis.

Whether this functionality can be achieved in wd?

Expecting your valuable inputs to my issue.

Regards,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's not a problem but requires a proper font configuration of the IGS.

Please have a look at note 1028690 that describes how to get the font files of the IGS.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kai,

My requirement is different, I don't want different font but a vertical text.

One more thing, IGS might not help because we need text translation which IGS does not(currently) support.

That's y i am looking for a UI which can behave like a vertical text.

Looking forward to your valuable reply.....

Regards,

Arun.

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

when starting the IGS all fonts within the configured font paths are loaded. Using these fonts the chart is able to display texts in several directions, sizes etc.

If there are no font files at all (e.g. you haven't configured the font path properly) the IGS uses a very simple built-in font that has some restrictions: it can't be displayed vertical or diagonal, it always has the same size - no matter what you configured in the customizing settings etc.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kai,

I'm replying on behalf of my colleague Arun (we work together so this is a shared requirement from us both).

Thank you for your tips on IGS. However, (as Arun has addressed above), I gather that IGS does not support Internationalization feature (yet). So we would have to hard-code our texts into the Webdynpro 'BusinessGraphics' UI element customizing!!

Hence, we would love to hear if you know of any (Webdynpro) UI elements we can use to display texts vertically (need for vertical text : we need to display labels vertically --y-axis!).

Thanks.

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

one way to achve this you can use the UI explantion or note i think, there u can manage some how to display the text in vertical. i Think there is no other way to allign vertical.

Regards

Sarath