Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Maintenance

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are currently working on CIN implementation with respect to Withholding tax configuration.

As part of the configuration, table entries have to be appended for ECESS in J_1IEWTECESS & J_1EWT_ECFLAG.

The table Maintenance attribute has been set as – ‘Display/Maintenance allowed with restrictions’.

1. When I tried to maintain through SM30, I get an error -‘The maintenance dialog for J_1IEWTECESS is incomplete or not defined’.

2. As suggested in some SDN threads, going to SE16N and typing &SAP_EDIT helps, but i fear about auditing, as I knew it is not the right approach.

3. Can basis people help in this? If so, what is that i should ask them about?

Please let me know, if any alternative is available for appending entries to the above tables?

Regards,

Sridevi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sridevi,

I would first check whether there are SAP notes to correct the views for these tables.

Otherwise:

1) Check the view in transaction SE11 (or create one).

2) Many auditors check for this, and the access to it (S_DEVELOP DEBUG is a warning that what you are doing is most likely "wrong" (whatever that may be ).

3) See for infos for what to say to the basis people.

Cheers,

Julius

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sridevi,

I would first check whether there are SAP notes to correct the views for these tables.

Otherwise:

1) Check the view in transaction SE11 (or create one).

2) Many auditors check for this, and the access to it (S_DEVELOP DEBUG is a warning that what you are doing is most likely "wrong" (whatever that may be ).

3) See for infos for what to say to the basis people.

Cheers,

Julius