cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDX1 : Is it necessary for SOAP -> XI -> RFC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have designed an integration scenario in which my web application will send request using SOAP over HTTP protocol. The XI system will host a web service and by generating the WSDL i will generate the proxy class using which I will comunicate with XI system. There will be sender type SOAP adapter between My WebAPP and XI. I will send request through Outbound interface.

Further the Request will pass to SAP CE8 system from XI system and communication will be through RFC(BAPI) using RFC adapter and Inbound interface.

My Questions are :

1. I have configured RFC destination on CE8 using SM59 transaction. Do i need to configure on XI system an rfc destination using IDX1?(I will use BAPI request/response only).

2. In integration scenario there are two interfaces

My WebAPP -- Outbound Interface(Custom defined) -- XI

XI -- Inbound interface(RFC)

since this is a synchronous communication i think i just need these two interface. Right?

On Custom defined side, two message will be there 1 each for request and response.

On BAPI side, BAPI and BAPI.response will be used. Is my approach correct?

3. When specifying the technical system landscape i was asked to mention System and Host information for my technical system. What are these and how I can obtain them?

P.S. As I have sdn blogs + forums + sap help portal on my disposal ... can anyone suggest something free over the internet ?

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>1. I have configured RFC destination on CE8 using SM59 transaction. Do i need to configure on XI system an rfc destination using IDX1?(I will use BAPI request/response only).</i>

No You dont need to create one.

<i>2. In integration scenario there are two interfaces My WebAPP -- Outbound Interface(Custom defined) -- XI

XI -- Inbound interface(RFC)</i>

You dont need 2 interfaces. You need only one for SOAP and no need for RFC request. The one you import is sufficient.

If it is a synchronous you need 1 inbound response for SOAP. BAPI RFC has already has a response.

<i>3. When specifying the technical system landscape i was asked to mention System and Host information for my technical system. What are these and how I can obtain them?</i>

The host name is the host of the connecting systems. for SAP from 4.7 you can connect them to SLD directly but for non-SAP and SAP < 4.7 you need to mention host name of the particular system (since these does not connect directly there is no problem). Remember that SLD is a repository of systems information.

regards

Shravan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

>>>1. I have configured RFC destination on CE8 using SM59 transaction. Do i need to configure on XI system an rfc destination using IDX1?(I will use BAPI request/response only).

you don't need IDX1

>>>3. When specifying the technical system landscape i was asked to mention System and Host information for my technical system. What are these and how I can obtain them?

take a look at my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

Regards,

michal