cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in logging into SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a strange problem while logging into SDM server in J2ee WebAS. After providing userid and password if i enter, it shows a message in the bottom that 'Attempting to logon into <server name>' for long time (more than a day) and not logs into it and remains in the same state until we close it.

could anyone tell me what may be the problem.my userid and password is correct. pls guide me if anyone encountered this type of problem and solved.

/points will be assured/

Regards,

Art Tech.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To deal with the common SDM problems, go through the SAP Note 997810 - Troubleshooting Common SDM 6.40/04s Issues

Hope this helps !

Regards

Srinivasan T

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member265210
Active Participant
0 Kudos

. check the SDM log at

:
...<SID>\JC<>\SDM\program\log\sdm_server

let me know..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowda,

i checked the log files but no information is available there. the file is empty. And only the following files are created on the particular date when i try to log in to SDM in the log folder.

sdmgui20080103.txt

sdm_remotegui.out

sdm_remotegui.err

No such file sdm_server on that date. One old file is there but it is empty.the file sdmgui2008... says logoon was successful. but i am facing the same problem. so pls guide me further

Thanks & Regards,

Art Tech.

former_member265210
Active Participant
0 Kudos

A)

are you able to login to Visual Admin tool?

B)when you start the SDM GUI, one commend prompt window will open, could you let me know last few lins of that.

1) Access the usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE_NAME>/SDM/program directory.

2) Access the this script file :

(i) RemoteGui.bat (In Windows)

C) if B) looks fine then

I think the SDM password is wrong..

do this way

1. stop SDM

2. open the commend prompt d:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program

3. type sdm jstartup "mode=standalone"

4. type sdm changepassword "newpassword=abcd1234"

5. type sdm jstartup "mode=integrated" ( otherwise engine will not come up)

6. start SDM

now try with SDM password "abcd1234"

Regards

Shrdihar Gowda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowda,

My SDM password and all correct. no issues in that.so tell me some other solution pls.

Regards,

Art Tech.

former_member265210
Active Participant
0 Kudos

okay, do this way

From some other installation (with same version of SP or bit older version of SP) copy the SDM ( ...<SID>\JC00\SDM )folder to some location( c:\temp) on problem host system.

start the "RemoteGui.bat"; file . now try ...let me know.

note : to run SDM you need JDK...

if you don't have any other installing then emil me shri_hassan@yahoo.com with NW version and SP version details.

Regards,

Shridhar Gowda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Art Tech.

Did you solve you problem? Because I fase with the same, but there is no solution for now.

Regards

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems he is referring to Secure Store accessible using configtool. Pls go through this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/76/fb72ec091f4bf8a2d8ba321bb7e8d9/content.htm

Hope this helps !

Regards

Srinivasan T

MartinHastik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)if you want to access the SDM pls start (on windows) the remoteGui.bat on the local server. There it is only possible to enter a password and a hostname( no Username entry is possible)!?!?

2)You can restart the SDM with with batchfiles in the same directory.

3)Did you change the Administrators's password. -->Then you have to change it in the ticketkeystore of the confiigtool as well. Please be aware that the administrators's password is identical in the UME and the ticketkeystore.

4)Double check that nobody else is locked on to the SDM (no living session)

hope that helps

regards Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for ur reply.u mentioned something as 'ticketkeystore' u mean 'securestore'. if not could u tell me where will it be.

but in securestore no option to store the SDM password.it is for only the j2ee server password.so pls tell me abt ticketstore.

Regards,

Art Tech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I didnt change my Administrator password. So no need to change anything in secure store or ticket store.I restarted many times both SDM and the whole J2ee engine but no use.

Give me some other solution.

Regards,

Art Tech.