cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization object

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please send me the link regarding the authorization object and all the process regarding that and how to implement that in our code.

thanks inn advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP R/3 uses a very complex mechanism to assign users access to system. SAP uses Authorization Objects to assign authorizations to users. An authorization objects works as a template for an authorization to be

defined. One point to note here is that there are a maximum of 10 fields per authorization object. For users to conduct an activity in SAP, their user profiles should satisfy the authorization check for each field in the authorization defined on a specific authorization object.

To take an example, if a user wants to create a new company code, the authorization object is F_SKA1_BUK - G/L Account: Authorization for company codes. User is given authorization to authorization object

mentioned above with the relevant fields. Authorizations in SAP are classified as General authorizations, Organizational authorizations or Functional authorizations. In our example above, authorization object

F_SKA1_BUK has been assigned to function for creating a general ledger master records. SAP can be configured to check authorizartions at the company code level, chart of account level, individual master record level so as to prevent user access. I will discuss more on SAP authorizations in my future posts.

SAP USER INFORMATION SYSTEM: PROFILES & AUTHORIZATIONS - Transaction Code SUIM

In SAP, it is possible to know the accesses and authorizations a user has using T-code SUIM. I was giving a talk on SAP security and controls at a client's place, when this question popped up. This gentleman asked me whether it was possible to view the profiles of users in SAP. The answer is yes. Enter the T-code SUIM in the short path menu.

This is the user information system menu. There are a number of different options available through which you can select the users. As you can see above, you can select users by Role, by profiles, by User id, by authorization values, by transaction authorizations etc. I generally prefer seraching this menu using "Users by Complex Selection Criteria".

Here you can select various options, for example, in the Transaction code field if you select VA01 which is the T-code for creating sales orders, it will give you a listing of all users who hae access to creating a sales order. Similarly, you can also search by User id. If you know a user id and want to know what accesses and authorizations he has, just go to users and enter the id. SAP will give you all accesses the user has. You can drill down futher for details such as profiles attached, authorization objects, activities etc. All in all, I find this feature in SAP very useful for the access and authorizations.

In case a SAP user is trying to execute a transaction code for which he does not have authorization, he will be given an error message. A user can view the object or transaction which he does not have authorization using transaction code SU53.

Reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear surya,

Authorization Objects

You can organize BOM processing in your company to suit the way your company is structured. It is often the case that basic data that is relevant to all applications is created in a central department, then application-specific data is added using the change function.

You can structure authorizations to reflect your organization. The 4 authorization objects for defining access authorizations are assigned to object class Production planning.

The following authorization objects are defined for maintaining BOMs:

General Authorization Object for Processing BOMs

Authorization Object for BOM Plant

Authorization to Process BOM Without Change Number

Authorization Object for Mass Changes

Authorization Object for Variable Lists

Checking Authorization Objects

The following table shows which functions check which authorization objects.

Function

Authorization object

Create BOM,

change BOM

C_STUE_BER (bill of material)

C_STUE_WRK (plant)

C_STUE_NOH (change without history)

Mass changes

C_STUE_MAS

Archive BOM

C_STUE_WRK (plant)

Display BOM,

BOM group, and plant allocation

C_STUE_WRK (plant)

BOM explosion,

where-used list,

BOM comparison

Display change documents

S_SCD0

(change documents)

Variable lists for

BOM explosions

C_VARLIST

(objects for variable lists)

The documentation assumes that the user has unrestricted authorization for all functions.

Authorization Checks: Example

Reagards,

Srikanthraj

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear surya

The link will explain about Authorization Object

[Authorization Objects |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/ea/e9b0464c7211d189520000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi