cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Management in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a specific requirement in cProjects, I need to configure a program management scenario where a program need to have multiple projects connected under them and each of these project has thier own phases, tasks and resource assignment done. Can any one who had come across such a business case explain me how to configure this in cProjects.

Thanks

Pugazh

pugazh_as@yahoo.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pugazh,

You would need to define a new Project Type with the Project Category as 'Program'.

You can now assign projects under the 'Programs' created with the project type you have defined above.

For assigning projects under the program, open the project --> Structure tab --> Assigned Projects tab.

Let me know if you would need more clarification on this.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings All,

I've been working with cProjects 4.0 "programs" for a short time, but have found it to be lacking in some areas. Has anyone tried to link in several projects under a program. I understand the need to link phases to like phases, but I have a problem in that it often wants to re-order the phases in the Program based on phase type (maybe?). The end result is that all of the similar phases from multiple projects are lumped together in the Program and so do not show a neat grouping based on their project. Any thoughts on this?

Also, the dates that come across in the "Assigned Projects" tab in the Program do not get reflected in the Gantt chart display of the Program. Do I have to manually transpose these from the assigned phases tab to the Basic Data tab under start and finish dates (and maintain them manually later)?