cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping a Status in Status Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

im trying to join two different document status networks.

First Status network should not contain ECM Process.

Test -> Sel

Test -> Cancel

Second Status network should contain ECM Process.

Select -> Inwork -> Release

Is it advisible to have two Status network for a same Document Type?

After the first Status network completes the second Network should start.

If i goto second status network the control should not allow me to goto first status network.

When i do a revision it should start from second status network.

Regards

MRK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MRK,

I think for your problem there is no need for two status networks. It should be solved by using single status network. One more thing it is not possible to assign two status networks to the same Document type as i know.

The solution for your problem can be, define a single network with following statuses

1.Test

2.Sel

3.Cancel

4.Inwork

5.Release.

Here in your case in the customization, make Sel is the only previous status to the Inwork status, that should solve your first problem. For your second problem, you need to do the cofiguration at the status level, not yet status network level.

I hope this explanation answers your question. If you have any queries let me know.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Sorry to confuse you... I will tell my requirement in a different way.

There are two Different Status Network

1) Test -> Sel

Test -> Cancel

2) Select -> Inwork -> Release.

Now im trying to join these two Networks like,

Test -> sel -> Select -> inwork -> release

Test -> Cancel

Let the Doc type is MRK and version as 00.

If I create a doc for first time the first state should be "Test".

after i release the document with version 00.

then Im doing a versioning 01, the new version should start from "select" state and not from "Test" state.

Is this possible?

Regards,

MRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MRK,

I think from your explanation i understood that at the time of creation you need to have one status network and approval procedure and another status network at the time of editing the existing documents.

Then in this case you need to put a single status network with the following status netwrok.

Test -> sel -> Select -> inwork -> release

Test -> Cancel.

You may need to add the workflow for 'Select' status to test the version. Similarly you can add workflow at 'sel' status to check the version and you can avoid the display of the next status. But i dont know you can complete this whole thing using Business Workflow alone or you may need to some customization as well.

regards,

rajesh.