cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting excise invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am creating excise invoice in J1IIN with reference from billing document.

If my billing document have today's date ,can I post my excise invoice in the past.i.e.before 3 months.

regards,

rb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Ashish has posted MM period also needs to be open. You can create and post the excise document using transaction J1IIN, enter the billing document number, give the required posting date in the field "posting date' and save the document.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi murali,

I already intialize period.

But it still not post excise invoice in past.

rb

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me what is the error message / system response.?

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To suppliment my earlier posting:

Document number is another area of concern. The excise department is particular about document numbering. If you create an excise document today with posting date in the past, the excise number will be current which will be an easy give away.

Hence, though technically feasible, it is not an advisable course of action.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi murali

thanks for you info.

I know this is not advisable but how you post it?

Because I have made one billing document of todays date and then I intialize period which is 3 month before todays date to post excise invoice in J1IIN from billing document, still system gives me an error related to period.

So how will we do this?Can you please explain in detail?

regards

rb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open both MM (MMPI t-code) and FI (OB52) period. Then you will be able to post in back date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically it is possible, provided the FI period is open. But this may foul-up your registers and statutory reports.

Muraleedharan.R