cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling XI exposed WS from .Net application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed a scenario with SenderSOAP-XI-ABAP Proxy.

I tested the scenario with XML spy and it is working fine.

Now I provided the WSDL to the .net team. They are trying to create class using my WSDL ( using WSDL command- Microsoft tool). They are getting some error.

They are asking me that where is your WSDL stored in XI server. I am not able to answer.

Actually what is the procedure. Do we need to do anything after developing the scenario. Do we need to save the WSDL some where?

Why he is not able to generate the proxy class in .Net using my WSDL. Is anything wrong with my WSDL.

But I am able to post using XML spy using the same WSDL.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you generates a WSDL from Directory, it is saved in the local machine itself.

To publish this as a service, the following blog will help you out.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-how-to-publish-wsdl-generated-from-xi-to-uddi

thanks,

nikhil

**reward if helpful

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You already tested the interface using XML SPY, means your interface as well as WSDL is working fine...so your .Net developer has to create a application using the WSDL that sent to them. I dont think apart from WSDL anything is required to them in order to create a WS that send the SOAP message to XI.

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the .Net team is saying that this XI WSDL is totally different from what generally they use.

can any body tell what is the difference with WSDL generated by XI.

When they take the url from WSDL and paste it in IE, they are getting OK mesage. but normally they said that should go to the input parameters page or something...

i am totally confused. what to tell them.. how our XI WSDL is different for other normal WSDLs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are two things you need to consider here.

The first one is about the WSDL. It seems to be ok as you have already tested it with another test tool. It is absolutely sufficient for any experienced .NET programmer to consume a XI web service with only it's wsdl.

The second one is about the way a web service is published in XI. In the XI server you have only one servlet who receives parameters to redirect the incoming message to the proper receiver and executes the integration scenario. It is different in .NET, where each service is something like one individual web page. Probably they are not understanding this difference, but it is not necessary to understand this to consume a service based on it's wsdl.

regards

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for your reply...

now the .net team is able to create the class with my WSDL but the problem is with my name space..

my name space contains too many ':' which they are not able to parse.

Now he replaced ':' with '.' in my name space and they are able to create .net class...

now let us c how it works...

Thanks everyone...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is not clear in your message. But let's go.

I think you already have the wsdl file generated in integration directory. You probably saved the file locally and send it to the .net team.

They could reference the wsdl into the .net project? If they can, don't know what is the problem.

If they can't, ask them to put the wsdl file in an http server and reference it from this http server. It can be a local MS IIS, only create a shared http folder and put wsdl into it, and add the web reference into the .net project. Then it will work.

If there is another issue, please, give us the error they get when trying to reference the wsdl on .net side or the error they get when trying to generate the .net proxy - help us help you.

reagrds.

roberti.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As u r saying that u r able to post the data to XI using the xmlspy, it seems that the problem in not related to XI or the wsdl.

They are asking me that where is your WSDL stored in XI server

The wsdl is not stored in XI. When u create the webservice in XI using ID, the wsdl gets generated which can be stored on the local machine of the developer. U may regenerate it if required.

Why he is not able to generate the proxy class in .Net

Can u explain what is the purpose of generating this class? After the creation of webservice and wsdl in XI, only thing required is to send data from some SOAP client.

Regards,

Prateek