cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deliver Flat File from the customer to SAP using XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to pull the flat file from the customer server using ftp login on port 21 and post this document to sap using SAP XI.

Can it be achieved using XI? If yes, please advise on how to proceed further.

OR

If I have a flat file on my server, how do i deliver the flat file to SAP using XI?

I don't want to do any document transformation while posting it to SAP using XI.

Appreciate for any responses.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Details refer blog /people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository .

Best Regards

Fernand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

XI can communicate with other SAP sytem in 3 ways

1)RFC

2)IDoc

and

3)Proxy..

since u dont want to transform source structure so forget abt RFC and IDoc....

May be u can do one thing ..

create target structure same as source structure... no need of transformation(no message mapping ,no interface mapping)... using proxy u can do it

So according to me... best solution in ur case is to go for

File to proxy scenario...

check this blog...

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

Regrads

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Actually, I have a flat file generated from SAP and this flat file needs to be sent to customer FTP server via SAP XI. I mean to say, is their a way for XI to make a ftp connection to the customer ftp server, login using login credentials and drop the file to the some directory. The same process applies in the return direction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

In that case u have to execute a FIle to File Scenario..

I guess the file from SAp has already been generated....

so using RFC u can pick up the file and put in the FTP server.

have a look @ this blog.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

regards

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI As correctly said by Biplab...u need to use the File to file scenario....for the same.

You need to give the legacy FTP system server address,loginid password file name and the directory where u need to put the file.

I think u have not seen the weblog file to file which is provided by me also if ur file is not coming in XML strucutre then u need to go for File conetent conversion refer that weblog as well.

Reward points.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

You can use XI this scenario, In this case XI only for something like file mover from R/3 system to the customer FTP site and the other direction also (Customer to R/3) without using any data transformation.

You only need to have configuration in Integration Directory for both direction (without any development in Integration repository).

Correct me if i am wrong for your case :

SAP -

> Customer

- R/3 Generate flat file in certain format, put in into some directory in R/3 system.

- XI flat file adapter (sender) monitoring the directory (FTP connection) pickup the file whenever file created by R/3

- XI flat file adapter (receiver) FTP the flat file to the customer.

Customer -

> SAP

- Customer generated flat file into their ftp directory.

- XI flat file adapter (sender) monitoring the directory (FTP Connection pickup the file whenever file created) by Customer.

- XI flat file adapter (receiver) FTP the flat file to the R/3 system

- R/3 system create scheduler to monitoring the directory and process accordingly.

These both scenario using minimum configuration in XI system (only Integration directory), eventhough this scenario not the best solution, but because your question is whether it can be done or not so the answer is "YES".

Please let me know if you want to know more detail technical implementation, i will glad to help you.

you can reach me in my email : fernandlesmana@yahoo.com

Thank you and Best Regards

Fernand Lesmana

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't want to do any document transformation while posting it to SAP using XI.

If there is no transformation, then how SAP will understand the format of data. Are u thinking of placing the file on the Application system? But it would always be better to talk to SAP in terms of Idoc, RFC or ABAP proxy.

See this in case u dont have any mapping requirement

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the following blog:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please refer the below thread which shows the step by step process.

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i

Refer part two as well.

If ur file is not coming into XML format then u need to go for File content conversion.Please refer the below weblog for FCC.

Sender -

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter -

TAB delimited

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

NAB the TAB (File Adapter)

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

Receiver FCC no need of Endseparator

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/08/03/file-adapter-receiver--are-we-really-sure-about-the-concepts

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are not interested in Document Transformation you can use SMTP i.e Mail adapter as outbound adapter. This is similar to Mail to File scenario. please refer to the scenarios in the following link.