cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO-DP : Change in Fiscal Year Variant for the year 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per earlier Fiscal Year variant configuration, the data has been forecasted in APO system till the end of Year 2008. But recently the fiscal year variant configuration modified in R/3 which has been impacting APO-DP storage buckets which are not matching with that of earlier fiscal year variant. So, there is a mismatch in the storage bucket profile where in the data already stored in “Weekly, Monthly and Posting Period” based on the earlier Fiscal year 2008 configuration.

Now the system is not allowing to do any Interactive Planning.

The business would like to use the latest fiscal calendar and also not ready to loose the forecasted data for the year 2008. So, we are not in a position to deactivate and reactivation of Planning Area and also we are not using back-up infocubes functionality.

Please update me if anybody experienced this type of situation or know the solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could extract the data to an infocube, transfer the data to another infocube (dropping the fiscal periods...i.e. there would only be weeks as a time characteristic), then send it to a third cube that has time characteristics of weeks, fiscal periods, and the new fiscal year variant and map the weeks to the periods in the update rules. Transfer the data, wipe the planning area, adjust the planning area buckets, then reload the data from the third cube back to the planning area.

Somewhat circuitous, but it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your suggestion should work but it takes more resource time and need more database size.

I am thinking to retain some important forecast keyfigures data in the following workaround method;

1) Now the Planning Area Initialized for 2yrs historical + 1Yr forecast horizon

2) Run first set of new macros to copy from year (say 2008) to year (say 2006)

3) Re-initialize the Planning Area (Jan'2006 to Dec'2007)

4) Re-build the New Fiscal Calendar from R/3

5) Re-initialize the Planning Area for history and forecast horizon (ex: from Jan'2006 to Jan'2009)

6) Run second set of new macros to copy back ( ex: from 2006 to Year 2008) and wipeout the duplicate records in 2006

7) The above macros can be utilized to run every year end when ever the new fiscal calendar introduced

Suggestions are welcome

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a test system, I would recommend you to try the following steps:

1. Create a planning area with a specific storage bucket profile that has the fiscal variant attached

2. Activate the planning area

3. Now got to SE16 and open table /SAPAPO/SDPTSTR. Go into edit mode for the storage bucket profile from step 1. try changing the fiscal year variant.

4. Reinitialize the planning area with the same time bucket horizon.

5. From step 1 to 4 ensure there is not one logged on to your planning area.

I am gussing if you prove the above in the test system, you may try this with the actual planning area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

We have Weekly and Monthly Storage Buckets and the Fiscal Variant Z1 attached to it. Earlier the Z1 was holding 4-4-5 weeks calendar and now the same variant Z1 has been modified to 5-4-4 weeks. Now the issue is how can I modify the live cache aggregation from 4-4-5 to 5-4-4 weeks. The only solution is deactivate the Planning Area(presently holds 4-4-5 weeks data) reactivate it, but we loose whole livecache data or undo the changes of fiscal calendar.

I already tried the scenario which you explained, but unless we deactivate the Planning Area it won't help as the data has been forecasted based on 4-4-5 storage buckets for the whole year 2008. Could have solved this issue if I have backup cubes unfortunately I don't have.