cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Categories Impact on Hierarchy Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me explaining what would happen to Hierarchy Report output if there the value categories are not assiged to the cost elememts.

My case is something like below:

I have a group CE group ABC with CE 111-113 and this is assiged as value category abc

Now I have values with CE 114 (which is out of the range of CE groups and so value category) and this appears as 'Not assigned' in Hierarchy Report output.

What else is the impact of records in RPSCO without value categories?

Regards

Sreenivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Value category play crucial role in project accounting reports of PS module. If the value category has n't assigned then the posting made through that cost elements, reports won't get obtained & there could be inconstistency of the hierachical reports also. .

You can check analysis of value category assignments in (CJVC), status of value category assignmnets as assigned or not assigned. There all the buttons should be in green color.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks of your reply.

Can you explain what would be the inconsistency in other reports apart from hierarchial? Also in hierarchial report what would be the nature of inconsistency?

I see the line item report (CJI3) is fine even without the assignement of value category to the cost element.

If there would be some problems later on, what can be done in my situtation where I already have postings without Value categories assigned.

I guess such situation arises if users creates an new Cost Element and striaght away uses it in posting before assignement to Value Category. I don't want to use the option on making the CE itself as value category here.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The inconsistency can be seen between hierarchial (for eg.,s_alr_87013533) and CE (for eg.,s_alr_87013543) reports.

Inconsistency would also depend on the supress indicator in OPI2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The inconstinency could be in various type of reports such as hierachiacal or CE reports. Lets say if we will check budget consumption report in hierachical / CE / change budget etc. then there will be different figures in all this three types of report.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Answers (0)