cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice -> RFC -> RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear XI Experts,

I have a scenario where a RFC Function Module from R/3 is imported into XI and exposed as a web-service to a web-based application. This calls the web service to update Info Records in R/3 asynchronously. In case of an error during update (viz. Duplicate Info Records), XI should re-send the message after a specific time Interval (say 1 hour).

I have created a BPM to achieve the same. But I’m having issues in setting up Receiver Determination and Interface Determination. I have already gone through web log by Arpit [RFC Scenario using BPM --Starter Kit]. But my scenario differs in the way that when the response from BPM is analyzed and an error is found, the same Interface needs to be called again after a WAIT.

Is this scenario possible without a BPM? Also setting up Receiver determination, Interface determination will involve the abstract Interfaces from the BPM. The part till receiving the synchronous error response from RFC is ok. How do I map the Async Inbound R/3 interface in the BPM?

Please let me know if there is any other feasible solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to resolve it myself