cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Channel started but Inactive" - Issue with JDBC channels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have 5 channels configured with Oracle which were functioning till yesterday night properly. All of a sudden 3 out of them have decided not to co-operate and they show a status in RWB as "Channel started but Inactive".

The rest two are functioning correctly which is more weird.

I did the following:

1. Complete cache refresh.

2. Delta cache refresh

3. channel was copied with a new name and used and it works but this doesnt make any sense.There has to be a proper way to deal with this situation.

4. All channels are activated in ID.

Has anybody faced similar issues with JDBC or any other type channels?

Regards,

Amol Joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Usually the channel information is available in the monitor after the service and the channel are activated successfully.

However, in the case of the SOAP adapter, the

adapter status is not available until the first request is sent to the adapter.

For JDBC Adapter try to:

1. Re-configure JDBC parameters, it might happened that it is not able to establish a database connection.

Just re-enter and activate the same.

2.goto to the IR adn ID and run the cache ,you will get the cache objects list in red color check the error details there, make sure the AE cache is up and running fine.

goto to the RWB>cache monitoring or status->check the cache status of the AE and IS, it should be green in color,

run the CPA cache from the URL with the PIDIRUSER ...then again run the cache from IR and ID and check.

Also check :

1.if you have right permission to write the data to the table

2. Check whether that table takes NULL values, if so check what data is being supplied by XI to the receiver end.

*Pls: Reward points if helpful*

Regards,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

restarting the JDBC adapter service from Visual administrator solved the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing same problem. Can anybody tell me how to restart JDBC adaptor service?

Thanks,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Start the visual admin..just click on go.bat(you can search this in the XI server).It require the authorized user and pwd.

J2EE Visual Admin under services bar

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Firewall settings at Receiver end.

Also check the for table name, user is & password.

Check if any of your CC (check all) is in system error.

The same problem I face in one of my Proxy to JDBC scenario. And one of the above was the reason for this.

Regards,

Sarvesh