cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI or BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I m working as ABAP consultant and i m a commerce graduate. Now i want to do BW or XI. kinldy suggest me which one i hav to take. and i think BW also like programing and reports.. and i dont want to be in much programing...

your valuable suggestion will be more helpfull.

Regards.

Sameer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are an ABAP consultant and therefore you can go for both XI as well as BW, but as you said you don't want to be in programming then XI will be better for you and your abap knowledge will be plus point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel Xi will not require more coding.

Xi is divided in two part.

1) Development

2) Administation (BASIS).

Under the development:

People first design the object and then they will configure the objects. Once u have the idea of requirement u can easily implement it in XI as there are many standard functions are given by SAP.

Not much coding is required but if there is a requirement which is not fulfilled by standard function then u need to do it in JAVA so little bit of java knowledge is required.

In the configuration side. there are standard configuration steps are defined and also the standard adapters are provided by XI so there is also not much conding involved in configuration part as well.

Also u said u have worked on ABAP so that will be used in designing the PROXy scenario.

I hope this will help u..in deciding.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can suggest you XI,in this u dont have much codding if u have any inbound or outbound proxies then only u have to write some ABAP code,as you are an ABAP consultant u dont find deficulty in writing code.

My suggestion is go with XI and iam working on Xi since 2years iam enjoying working on it.

Regards,

phani