cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Tracking while Goods receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am sending the material with serial no. to the vendor and making a Subcontracting P.O for that.While Goods receipt against P.O , for the parent material If i give any serial number which is already existed in our system irrespective of any plants with in a company code, it is taking provided if i tick the dialog box of "Existence of serial no. reqd" in SPRO.if we didnt tick the box, system will create the new serial no.

How to go about this?

But logically, for sending the material we are using 541 movement type where we are mentioning the serial no.

For receiving the same , we are using 101 (W. r to P.O), where we nowhere mentioning the serial no at all.

Actually at which moment we are telling the system that we are sending this particular serial no. to the vendor.

Any option is there in Sub-Contracting P.O where we can enter the serial no?

Plz reply.

Regards,

Sureshbabu.N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi suresh babu

Subcontact order is used for making a finished product or Assembling of finished product using the material you have given,however you cannot get the material with the same serial number.say you given 2 components with some serial number then the final product of 2 components will be different hence it will be of different serial number.

when we give the material to vendor using 541,you can check the material in MMBE T code it will say the material is given to vendor ,as soon as you confirm the goods receipt of the PO then the material will get consumped .

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thiyagarajan,

Thanks for your reply.

Imagine i am not creating any SUb-contracting P.O.

Now i am doing,

1. 541 movement type - for send the material to vendor.

(Inputs: Vendor code, Material No, Qty and Serial No.say the serial no. is 3).

After servicing,

2. 542 movement type- to get back the material from vendor (Inputs : Vendor code, Material No, Qty and Serial No.)

If i give same serial no say 3, it is taking. but it is also accepting when i am giving the serial number other than 3 .

So, how to go about this.

Plz reply

Regards,

Suresh Babu.N

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi suresh babu

542 mvt type is meant for cancelling the 541 it is not used for returining.ie you have issued the material to the vendor but for some reasons you are cancelling the vendors order.in that only you use 542

regards

thyagarajan

Answers (0)