cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem - DDIC RFC User password required (?)

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had to reinstall my 640 WebAS(ABAP) and I proceeded this way:

Dropped the DB;

Uninstalled the CI;

Reinstalled everything;

All went fine to the very end of the DB installation, at the second last step, where is sets the RFC JOBs, it pops up a screen I had not seen before. It asks the DDIC password since it seemed to have changed.

It is possible I've changed it in my previous installation but I try and no password work.

Any ideas?

Thx

Message was edited by: Leonardo Araujo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is really old, but for reference:

I solved this by starting the SAP system (even if the install was not finished). I logged in with another user and changed the password for DDIC. This was in client 000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had same problem when my previous installation failed.

What I did to fix the error. I clinup my computer from failed installation and install the application again. To clinup you will need to do several steps. Some steps can be skipped if you already run deinstall your Web AS(ABAP)

1. stop services: SAPDB NSP, SAPNSP_00, SAPOSCOL, XServer.

2. delete those services registry entries in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services. That would be: all SAP DBTech.., SAPNSP_00, SAPOSCOL, XServer.

3. delete registry key: HKLM\Software\SAP

4. delete directories with SAP and SAPDB installation X:\usr, X:\sapdb

5. delete directory with installation files: c:\program files\sapinst_instdir

6. install your WebAS(ABAP) again.

HTH

Slav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more step to my list in previous post:

5.1. delete SAP... records in your c:\windows\system32\Drivers\etc\services file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I just got the explanation and solution for the above problem.

During the installation of WAS you would do database load and then finally come to a step where you have to change the DDIC password. At this stage if you use the stopsap script to stop the server and then make sure that no other SAP WAS processes are running including the database. Again, use the script startsap to restart the stopped process. Some of the processes may have to be started manually. After the WAS comes up properly then only give the new DDIC password.The installation would happen normally. The key point to note is unless you restart the server before giving DDIC password, R3Load jobs would still be running and there would be inconsistency in the database.

Thanks and Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you should look in your logs for general troubles with the rfc connection. Make sure the dispatcher is already running. We had lot of trouble with the dispatcher process not starting correctly over here which resultet in the same problem (no rfc connection, ddic dialog window).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing this problem as well. Has somebody solved it?

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards

Sathya

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am even considering re-installing Windows...

Nothing has worked up-to now.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

have you tried the Password "minisap"? You can also try to logon to your system via SAP GUI because it should be already running. In the last steps there are only some Reports going to be started. If you can logon to the system on client 000 you can set the passwort to the value that you have provided in SAP Install.

Regards

Gregor