cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I use Table control or ALV component usage ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have one requirement where to make web dynpro application for ALV report .In existing case ALV report is there that contains one screen for entering parameters for Report and next screen shown detailed ALV Report .

Now I am confused should I use Table control for this or ALV component?

I have tried example WDR_TEST_TABLE and have also tried some ALV sample example with developing self-defined alv functions.

I found ALV self defained stuff quite complex now I am not getting do I really need ALV .

Experts,

I need features over table like 1. Sorting 2. Grouping similar valued coloumns 3 . Adding images 4. Using link over every line in table that will take me to one corr. BSP application 4. All other fetures provided by convetion ALV report.

1.I want to know Should I use Table control or ALV component usage ?

2. IF ALV then what extra ALV provides that table controls cannot do?

3. Which is easy to implement and feasible in time?

Please let me know your inputs ,

Thanks in Advance ,

Parag P. Bhise

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

ALV provides the sorting functionality already, which you will need to implement in case of table control. Adding images, links etc are all possible in both, and the process is quite similar only. You will have context attributes to store the link urls, image links and bind them to the properties of columns.

But when you want all features provided by ALV, it is obviously better to go in for ALVs only. The advantages that ALV provides over ordinary table controls is export of data, filtering and sorting etc. For this component, you can have a group in the top that takes the search parameters as input, and a ALV container below.

Regards,

Nithya

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks nithya