cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Depreciation fun in special posting period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Recently my Finance Manager decided to hv a cut-off date for all the FI transaction on 14-Dec-2007.

These are the rules:

1.) All the FI transaction < 14-Dec-2007 posted in period 12

2.) All the FI transaction Between 15-Dec-2007 and 31-Dec2007 will be posted in special posting period 14.

3.) All year-end adjustment will be carried out in posting period 16.

My problems are:-

1.) How can i proceed the Asset depreciation run for period 12 and special period 14.

2.) How the system select or capture the asset doc? By posting date or by posting period?

3.)If possible pls give some examples when we should use these options and what are the advantages?

a.) Planned posting run.

b.) Repeat

c.) Restart

d.) Unplanned posting run.

Thanks.

Lim J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.) How can i proceed the Asset depreciation run for period 12 and special period 14.

Hi, First of all you need to understand the function of special period. You need not to mention the spl period of depr. run.

The system considers period 12 as usual.

2.) How the system select or capture the asset doc? By posting date or by posting period?

By posting date.

3.)If possible pls give some examples when we should use these options and what are the advantages?

a.) Planned posting run.

When you run the depr. on regular peiod basis ie., one by one, U choose (a)

d.) Unplanned posting run.

When you want to calculate the depr. for some periods as a whole, U choose (d)

b.) Repeat

Suppose u ran the depr for Jan. In Feb. you have capitalised an asset for Jan. So, U have to calculate depr for the new asset for jan. U choose (b).

c.) Restart

When you are running depr. you might have face some uncontrollable problems like power off, server down etc. In such instances, you choose (c).

Get back to me. if you are not clear

Regards ...............SK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks