Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line chart Forwared backward button at bottom

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have two column, productivity and daetime respectively

i mapped this into display template of type line chart. i got the line chart.

my problem is i have 90 records and i want to show the 10 records first than the viewer press the forward button than it shows the another 10 records and so on which is based on the datetime column.

i fixed the "Show Time Control" in display template but i check the chart it shows only the refresh button.

it is possible to show the forwared and backward button on the bottom of the line chart ?

please help me .

thanks in advance

-murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Murali,

That's because your query is not time sensitive, meaning there is no use of the date time engine. Look up SD, ED, or Time Engine in the help documentation for more information.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Sam

i am not clear of your answer .

i have the timestamp column data's

like (MM/dd/yyyy HH:SS:ss) 12/09/2007 13:00:00,12/09/2007 13:03:00.....12/18/2007 13:00:00

and temperature column have 12,23,45....etc

now i fixed the start date and end date into the Query template.

i mapped the timestamp column into Axis value column of Display template under the line chart type and i mapped the temperature column into value columns.

now i could not got the forward and backward buttons at the bottom of the chart.

i checked the showTime/refresh control also

please help me

thanks,

Murali

0 Kudos

Murali,

The question here is how does the Query know what time range to use?

With that in mind the display template is separated out from the data other than it has to display it. In the query template you have to include the use of SD and ED or map in a column into the Date Column field. This will make the SQL query time sensitive and as a result the time controls will appear on the displays.

Hope this helps.

Sam