cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Framework Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if it is necessary to use BPM in order to trigger alerts with the alert framework?

Thanks

dizizmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For sending application error/success messages you have to use BPM otherwise you dont.

Application error means: You are validating some condition and you want to alert somebdy of any failure or success.

System error : any kind of runtime error, mapping, connection etc. You dont need BPM to throw those alerts.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Thanks for your answer.

For now I am mainly concerned with system errors.

So if understood you correctly for that kind of error the alert framework takes care of the job by itself without the need for using BPM.

Could you point me out some good (and quick) links on

"How to configure the alert framework?"

Thanks again,

Dizizmi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at question 20 (integration engine section)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I am having a problem with the alert configuration.

When I try to access the Alert Configuration link in the Runtime Workbench I get a message stating that SSO is not active in the system. I then press the button to logon and enter the user XIRWBUSER and password but the system is not able to give me the access.

I have already done a search in SDN an one colleague add the same problem and the way he solved it was configuring the SSO. I think that there should be another way. I already checked on notes 750287 and 813703 but still have the problem. Any ideias?

Thanks in advance

andreas_scherf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

Try note "840849" - this should help.

Regards,

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't use XIRWBUSER but you're own XI user. You should have role SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR and SAP_BC_ALM_ADMIN.

Best regards

Christine