Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update terminated during VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Working in IDES SAP ERP2005 SR2 ECC 6.0

I am getting an SAP Express document notification after saving the billing document.

The no is get generated after VF01 but does not open in VF02(change mode)

showing

" Update was terminated due to RV_Message_UPDATE

The error is SSFCOMPOSER 323: Error in address output(Name not Filled)

I have already checked the number ranges. which is not colliding with any no ranges as per solution given in SDN

Please can any one find solution for the same.

thanks in advance

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your valuable inputs.

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this problems comes due to some tables are not existing or corrupted. once you so to SM13 there you will find the transactions which are terminated.

the Solutions is once you go through the SM13 and get reason from it either it is related to ABAPers or Basis. Most probably it is related to the Basis. Tables like BSEG may not be there.

bye

sarathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding the problem i am not clear yet but by tracing out the problem source I have figured out that the Function module RV_Message_Update which is linked to the table NAST used for retrieving the data for the outputs is not getting updated properly.

Secondly when I logged into the ABAPers login and tried to create the order I never faced the update problem.

So could there be some parameter which is getting retrieved in their login but not SD users login.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for your inputs. The error seemed to be solved. That is the Basis guy increased the Update memory allocation suspecting not enough space for the processing.

But after a day the same error is occuring for the Sales order.

The reason being " Update was terminated due to ABAP/4 processor error

The error is SSFCOMPOSER 323: Error in address output(Name not Filled)

Could anyone suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the update may be due to invoice or sales order output program or script, check in the tcode SM13 you will come to know about the reason for update termination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KARTHIK KRISHNAN,

How to increase the Update memory? pls tell me!

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check for the BP(Bill to party ) Address in the order and in the Delivery.

please check that Name in the address Field is properly filled in

the Problem is with this document or with all the document ?

please check then revert.

regards

Virandra Sharda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Karthik,

Restart ur system it will work.

Pradeep Belur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Even I am facing the same problem of Update terminate in my production server.

However I did not get any solution out !

Please do reply me incase you happen to come accross the solution.

regards,

Amlan Sarkar

SAP SD Functional Consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Karthik,

May be the logical system is not assigned to ur client. use T.code SALE and define logical systems and assign the logical system to ur client and run whole process right from sales order to billing document once again. I hope i should work.

Reward point if helpfull.

Pradeep Belur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the setting. the logical system has been defined and assigned. But still I am getting the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just check the number range and check that system proposes the current number or not,if not assign the correct number to that number range.