cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send material master with classifications (ALE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to send material master data with its classifications. I am using transaction 'BD10' to send materials. I understood that in order to send the classifications I have to check the ckeckbox 'Send material in full' - I did it, and there are no classifications in the IDoc.

please advise,

Thanks, Nir.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that the change pointer mechanism is a batch process, and I know how it works. I only wanted to know if I can send the material and its classifications (like I do in BD10) when I use the change pointer mechanism.

• I think that it does not work...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I understand how it works...

will it work if I use the change pointers mechanism to send IDocs and not the 'BD10' ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use change pointer mechanism. This is nothing but, when you change a material SAP Coded in such a way, if that specific field is marked for Change Document then an entry can be entered in TBDCP table.

(you can find this by going to SE11 put the table name MARA, display the table. Specific field like MATNR double click on the data element and go to Further Characteristics tab, there you can see whether it is marked for change document or not)

After this, you have to activate the change pointers for the system using BD50 transaction.

Then in transaction BD52 you have to maintain what fields are relavent for the change pointers in the IDoc. This is the deciding factor. If your IDoc field is mentioned in this table, then whenever a material is created or changed SAP will make an entry into TBDCP table.

Then you have to run BD21 transaction as a batch job for that specific message type to pick up the changes and create idocs. (That means BD21 program will select the data from TBDCP table and creates IDocs)

CHANGE POINTERS IS A BATCH PROCESS.

regards

SKM

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

did you add "Classification master"

to your distribution model & partner profile?

if not try adding it, then it will work

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also trying BD10 with the 'send material in full', but it does not set the classification assignment. I also have the CLFMAS, as part of the distribution model and I have enabled this class to message type assignment (assigned to MATMAS) in configuration.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

JP