cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Import / Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have three system landscape DEV/QAS & PRD. In DEV i have two 2 client 100 & 500 and QAS also i have 2 client 200 and 201 and in PRD i have only 1 client i.e 400.

Now i want do a client copy from DEV's 500 to QAS's 201 i would like to do this client copy through export (SCC8 ) and import (SCC7). Can anyone explain me the step by step process like from which system i should execute SCC8 to export data DEV or QAS ? Which system will be selected as target system and so on ? How to import the client in QAS. If anyone can explain me the step by step process i will be greatfull to him/her.

Regard

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii as Hiral said u can use SE01 to see logs but i suggest u to go with SCC9 if u have no access for OS level. Rajendran u too try out scc9

Please reward points if useful

Edited by: venkatesh dukkipati on Dec 29, 2007 7:48 AM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

hiralsoni
Participant
0 Kudos

A client transport comprises three steps

1. Client export (SCC8)

Select a copy profile.

select target system.

2. Up to three transport requests are created, depending on the selected copy profile and the existing data. The transport request for texts is e.g. only created if the source client contains customer texts.

Transport Description

<sid>KO<no> cross-client data

<sid>KT<no> client-specific data

<sid>KX<no> texts and forms

The data export is performed automatically asynchronously. The output of the export includes the names of the transport requests that are to be imported.

-

__Caution__

The data export is asynchronous and still runs if SCC8 has already finished. Do not run any other client copy tool before the data export is finished. You can check the status of the export with the transaction SE01. Display the logs for the request <sid>KT<no>.

-

2. Import transport requests into the target client (STMS)

Choose one of the transport requests of the client transport in the Transport Management System (TMS). The other transport requests belonging to this client transport are then automatically added in the correct order.

Import these transport requests into the target client.

3. client import postprocessing (SCC7)

You need to perform postprocessing activities to adapt the runtime environment to the current state of the data.

Note

Client import postprocessing is always necessary and must be performed in the target client after the import of the transport requests.

Caution

It may be technically possible to start the transaction SCC7 in the source client, but you should not do so because it may cause data loss. You should protect the source client from overwriting by the client copy tools by choosing protection level 1 in transaction SCC4.

Caution

Do not use the same client as the source for several copies or client transports at the same time.

Caution

Ensure that the data export has finished before another client copy or client transport, by examining the export log of the transport request.

Reward points invited!!!

Cheers

Hiral Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had same problem any suggestions

Edited by: rajendran selva on Dec 28, 2007 6:48 PM

hiralsoni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Here is the perfect link for you provided by SAP.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/69/c24c0f4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Rewards invited!!!

Cheers,

Hiral Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

first of all its better to use SCC9 (REMOTE COPY) anyway this is the procedure..

1) log on to client to be exported and give the target client inforamtion. (2) Do export and after export is done u get files in the "/usr/sap/trans/cofiles/koxxx.<SourceSID> as well as "/usr/sap/trans/data/roxxxx.<sourcesid>

3) Now logon at OS level in the target system which i prefer (or can use STMS) and goto "/usr/sap/trans/bin" and use "tp" program.

tp addtobuffer SourceSIDkoxxxxx TargetSID

tp import SourceSIDkoxxxx TargetSID client xxx (xxx=ur target client)

then run scc3 to check errors and scc7 for post import process....

Hope this gives u an idea.....

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I have logined to the client from where i have to export the data and i executed scc8 and defined the target system where i have to import the data and i got message that export has been done sucessfully. I also got a message that three file have been generated for transport. SID<K0>XXXXX , SID<KT>XXXXXXX, SID<KX>XXXXXXX. But now if have to look where these files have been genrated and how can i import these file because when go STMS i don't find these transfort request in the queue. While exporting the data does system generates any log file which i can see whas been exported. unfortunetly i don't have the access for OS level so i cannot search these file on OS level.

Please help me ..

regards

Kishore

hiralsoni
Participant
0 Kudos

The transport request only created if the source client contains customer texts.

TransportDescription

<sid>KO<no>cross-client data

<sid>KT<no>client-specific data

<sid>KX<no>texts and forms

The data export is performed automatically asynchronously. The output of the export includes the names of the transport requests that are to be imported.

Caution

The data export is asynchronous and still runs if SCC8 has already finished. Do not run any other client copy tool before the data export is finished. You can check the status of the export with the transaction SE01. Display the logs for the request <sid>KT<no>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Check the thread

Hope this answer your queries.

Regards,

Rajesh