cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Master Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can you tell me if there is any Standard Work Flow(config) for the Vendor Master.

Basically I want to block a vendor if there are changes to any vendor master field(defined by me) and route it for the approval.

What are other options to track changes in Vendor Master sensitive fields.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi,

Vendor Master Record is basically created at three level

1.General Data: Client level

2. Co code level

3. Purchasing organization level

For field selection & screen layout following is the path

SPRO>IMG>Logistic General > Business Partner > Vendor > control>

Define screen layout at purchasing organization level & transaction level

Also

Define account group & field selection.

Vendor master data can be created

1) Centrally - XK 01

2) Purchasing : MK 01

3) Finance : FK 01(Accounting data)

I hope this will give you idea.

Please reward points,

Vivek Maitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand the 3 data levels of Vendor Master .

But I would like to know about Vendor workflow. I want to auto block a vendor based on some field changes in the vendor master and start a workflow so that it routes through a manager for approval to unblock the vendor.

So I want to know if there is any configuration/Workflow for a Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define Sensitive Fields for Dual Control (Vendors)

In this activity you define the fields for dual control in the customer/vendor master records. If you define a field in the customer/vendor master record as "sensitive", the corresponding customer/vendor account is blocked for payment if the entry is changed. The block is removed when a second person with authorization checks the change and confirms or rejects it.

Example

The Reconciliation acct field has been defined as sensitive in the Customizing table. If the accounting clerk responsible changes the entry in this field in the customer/vendor master record, the account is blocked for the payment run until a second person with authorization confirms the change to the master data.

Activities

Define the required fields as sensitive. You can choose the fields using the possible entries button.

DEFINE SENSITIVE FIELDS FOR DUAL CONTROL (VENDORS):

SPRO –> REF IMG –> Financial Accounting –> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable –> Vendors Accounts –> Mast*er Data –> Preparations for Creating Vendor Master Data –> Define Sensitive Fields for Dual Control (Vendors)

Select NEW ENTRIES button. and enter Field Name - LFB1-AKONT and enter & SAVE.

CHANGE RECONCILIATION ACCT IN THE VENDOR MASTER RECORD: Go to XK02.

Change/Delete the Reconciliation acct in the Vendor Master Record and press SAVE. Then it show the below message.

The Reconciliation acct field has been defined as sensitive in the Customizing table. The Vendor Master Record is blocked for the payment run until a second person with authorization confirms the change to the master data.

To Accept changes/ refuse

Login to SAP with another USER NAME and PASSWORD and enter the T code FK08

There enter Vendor no – ****** & Company Code – **** & Press enter. Then it will display,

current status - to be confirmed. To accept the changes press CONFIRM button. Then it will display current status - confirmed.

Rams.N

If this is helpful then assign me points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

As mentioned by you I had the similar idea for blocking the vendor via the sensitive fields.

Now the question is that is there a way to route the blocked vendor for approval/confirmation to the authorized person via standard work flow.

let me know

Again thank you for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the below para.

Confirm or Refuse Master Record Changes

Use

You are using dual control for master data maintenance and wish to confirm changes made to sensitive fields in the master record.

Prerequisites

You are authorized to confirm changes and have not changed the sensitive master data fields in question yourself.

Procedure

You can edit changes to master data either individually or in lists.

1. From the Account receivable menu, choose

Master records -> Confirmation of change -> List or Master records -> Confirmation of change -> Single. This procedure describes the List editing function.

2. If you choose List, the Display/Confirm Critical Customer Changes dialog box appears.

3. Select the required accounts (for changes to the general data) and, if necessary, the required company codes (for changes to the company code data).

Select the changes you wish to edit and choose Continue.

4. The Display/Confirm Critical Customer Changes dialog box appears with a list of the changed accounts. Stoplights indicate the status of each account:

Green = Change confirmed

Yellow = Change not yet confirmed

Red = Change refused

Select an account from the list to edit it. The Confirm Customer Change screen appears. You then have the option of viewing the changes one more time before either confirming or refusing them.

If you refuse the changes, you can send a workflow note to the relevant clerk explaining why you did so, and suggesting how best to proceed. Choose System -> Workflow -> Send object with note.

When you have edited an account, save your entries. Choose Back to go back to the displayed list.

Result

When you have edited and saved the changed account, the message “Changes have been made” appears, and the stoplight shows the new status of the account.

Rams.N

If this is helpful assign me points

Former Member
0 Kudos

As such there is no standard workflow for this... There is workflow for Parking and Payment releases but not a standard for Vendor master..

However this can be achieved in two ways... Have a custom workflow defined or Non workflow method have a report with a the required field run in the background and sent as a report to the users

Hope this helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a good option suggested by you to define sensitive fields in the configuration so that any changes in these sensitive fields will block the vendor but if we define this, this will be applied at CLIENT level & NOT Company code level so it will be applicable to all the company codes within the client. Is there anyway it can be done only at company code level??

Thanks in advance.

Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out [www.abapguides.blogspot.com|www.abapguides.blogspot.com]

There are vendor workflows tutorials there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks