cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Java API ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM experts,

I need to develop a java program that needs to access MDM repositories and do some updates.

Could you pls let me know how to deploy the MDM Java APIs.Do I need to install WAS ? or can we just remove the JAR file of the MDM API from the MDM Java api SCA file and reference it in the class path ?

Whereever possible,I dont want to install additional components like WAS in my MDM setup.

We are using MDM 5.5 SP05.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On the machines used for development you can directly use the MDM API Jar files for reference in the Class Path.

But when you want to deploy the Java API application on the Application server you will have to install WAS and deploy the SCA file using the Software Deployment Manager (SDM).

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

Regards,

Rashmi Jadhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Is there any way to remove the mdm java api from the MDM JAVA SCA file ?

Also if it the JAR file can be separated then cant we just place the MDM API JAR file on the MDM server machine where the external java program would be available.This way we would not have to install WAS in the MDM setup.

Kindly let me know if that is possible.

Thanks.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You can download MDM Java API's directly from service market place there is no need of taking it from SCA files only if you have SAP WAS you need that SCA file to deploy it on the SAP WAS.

Once you have the Java API's that is 5 .jar files you can use it any where in your Java programs as normal jar files.

While downloading MDM Java API keep in mind that it is very much version specific your server version and Java API version should match else part it will not work.

Thanks

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

Are you are working in the Developer Studio, the corresponding Javadoc is directly available under the Reference --> API Documentation node from within the Java Development Manual structure.

Otherwise, if you access this documentation using the Help Portal without having installed the Developer Studio, you can use selected versions of Javadoc made available in the SAP Developer Network(SDN).

For more information, you could visit

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/javadocs]

Regards,

Krutarth