cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Often appear Internal error of servlet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, often, when i install an app, all work fine, but, when i use the app and i go to a screen with syncbo, appear an error:

Internal error of servlet

java.lang.NullPointerException as com.sap.ip.me.smartsync......

If i upload the application at least 10 times, work... what happend?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I delete MI client in my pc, and now work... What happend?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, from the error message itself itis more a guess. It seems your app is not initialized completely and because of that the hanlders and variables you are using are NULL instead of filled with a value. You need to do two things:

1.) After the restart of MI, first do an initial SYNC - this is necessary to tell MI that the deployment cycle was successfull.

2.) After this is dne and if the error still occures, debug into the ap - and see what exact variable is NULL - from there we can see what the reason is for that problem.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do it all...

The null variable is:

SyncBoDescriptor sbd = descriptorFacade.getSyncBoDescriptor(syncBoName);

It´s very strange, the same app, if i delete MI client work... I don´t understand...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, in that line, the DESCRIPTORFACADE is NULL. Where do you init it with a value? This step seems missing. so it is dependend on the way you use the app. In some ways the variable is defined - then it works - other times it is not defined and you get the null pointer.

Trace the value of DESCRIPTORFACADE before you reach the line and you see the difference.

Look to your code and try to init it if it is NULL!

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the error:

Error: 500

Localizacion: /BLUMAQ/start

Error interno del servlet:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.data.SyncBoDataFacadeImpl.getSyncBos(SyncBoDataFacadeImpl.java:129)

at Blumaq.dataaccess.SmartSyncDBAccess.getRowInstances(SmartSyncDBAccess.java:109)

at Blumaq.dataaccess.TableContentProvider.instance(TableContentProvider.java:40)

at Blumaq.Example_MIServlet.showSelectedSyncBo(Example_MIServlet.java:530)

at Blumaq.Example_MIServlet.doHandleEvent(Example_MIServlet.java:97)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGetNotThreadSafe(AbstractMEHttpServlet.java:347)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGet(AbstractMEHttpServlet.java:689)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doPost(AbstractMEHttpServlet.java:706)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.service(AbstractMEHttpServlet.java:313)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:806)

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:752)

at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)

at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)