cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To upgrade SAP NWDI (JDI) system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement of upgrading NWDI system to NW04s. Currently it is on NW04 (i.e. 640 with SP16). I am looking into different option for achieving the same. As of now, I have following options:

1. Upgrade SAP Java system, then JDI will be automatically upgraded.

2. Install a new SAP Java system (NW04s, ie. 700) alongwith DI. After this moving the content from source to target (But I am not sure how to move the contents, i.e. track information and etc.)

If any anybody have done this earlier, request to share the information on this.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would first make a homogeneous system copy to an engineering server and try the upgrade on that system. If that works, upgrade the production NWDI server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In my opinion:

1. As far as the upgrade is concerned , I guess just importing the required SCs related to NWDI ie SAP-JEE,SAP-JTECH,SAP-BUILDT of 7.0 version will take care of the upgrade to 04s. There is no special procedure for this I guess.

2. For ur second question in my opinion you can create a new track with 04s version and then just forward the contents from old track to the new track.

@others: Please correct me if I am wrong.

Akshatha

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Akshata,

You also need to upgrade CBS CMS and DTR packages to appropriate version.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akshatha,

Your answers upgrade the tracks to NW04s, but Kumar wants to upgrade the NWDI runtime to NW04s.