cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI POC - Should we go for MI 7.0 or MI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning to develop MI POC(Proof Of Concept). Out of all team members invlolved in POC, only I have got trained MI 7.1 by SAP.

Now since we dont have MI 7.1 for 15-20 days, we are plannning to develop POC in 7.0 MI(Nobody of us have any idea of complexity/pros/cons etc.. of MI 7.0).

Please guide me is it suggested to go for MI 7.0 or it is better to wait till we get MI 7.1 infrastructure and start developing POC in 7.1 only.

Regards,

Ganga.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Please refer to this blog.. It will answer all your queries..

/people/community.user/blog/2007/10/31/starting-a-mobile-project-or-upgrading-an-existing-one

Regards

Ajith Chandran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadharayya,

According to me the whole concept remains the same for MI 7.0 and Mobile 7.1.

Mobile 7.1 has got new development tools in the middleware(DOE), but the work flow remains almost the same.

Mobile 7.1 is a complete new architecture to MI 7.0.

So you can wait for 10-15 days for the software to come, mean while you can go through many documents and e-learnings sessions on Mobile 7.1.

If you have more time then you can go for POC on MI 7.0.

Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

If you have developed application using MI, please let us know steps followed during development.

i.e. Admin confiurations(what all), what kind of project we create in portal and deploy at sever or client side.

As per architecture, we need to deploy .war file, which is not deployable unit as per my knowledge. Please clarify this doubt.

And one more thing is how can we be sure that MI installed in 04s is running properly i.e. HOW DO WE MAKE SURE ALL REQUIRED COMPONENTS OF SAP MI ARE RUNNNING.

Is there any test URL we can make use for checking above stuff.

Regards,

Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer to the below article on how to develop a simple application in MI.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/mobile/mobile-infr...

<<<As per architecture, we need to deploy .war file, which is not deployable unit as per my knowledge. Please clarify this doubt.>>>

.WAR file can be deployed in NWA through Mobile archive converter in NWA or throu SDM tool.

If there is a ready made application developed .war u can upload into NWA.

Cheers,

Karthick