cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi, about settings in remote ERP systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can anybody give me the settings to be done in erp systems (ALE configuration) - to be able to connect to xi systems.

i have referred to it scenario config guide , but in that guide , reference of help.sap.com has been given , and it is bit confusing me.

if anybody has document please send to me

thanks

akhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

As you could be aware in MDM any logical system that can supply data to or receive data from MDM is known as a remote system.

MDM can import data from remote systems and create/update master data objects using that data. Master data objects include main table records, subtable records/lookup values, and text attribute text values.

When data is changed in a remote system, the changes can be imported into MDM. Using previously created structural and key mappings, in conjunction with dynamically reconfigurable transformations and mappings, the data is applied to the master data objects. All changes to master data objects are tracked.

Now as in the case of Interactive/Automated import remote system the detail informatin is available on the URL

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/90ecb5da5621b5e10000000a1553f6/content.htm]

Hope it will help you.

Krutarth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

Please go through the mentioned thread:

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario

Might be helpful.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

first of all i would like to thank both sourabh kumar sahu and krutharth for their responses which are very useful for me at this stage.

the blog which you have referred taking me to settings required in xi . yes , this is also very very useful for me but i also need first settings to be done in ecc systems. if you have any documents for that also , please refer .

thanks a lot

akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

First,

U r ECC system should be registered in SLD.

for that refer following

in PI

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1372] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

in ECC

1) Go to SLDAPICUST TC

2)Entered Host name of the XI System ,Port, User As PIAPPLUSER, and Master PWD.

And Checked Primary Check Box.Saved

3) Goto RZ70 TC

4) Entered Host name And Gateway Service of XI System.And Activated

5) Clicked on Start Data Collection.

SLD_NUC and SLD_UC with XI details in SM59

Run Transaction SLDCHECK in ECC

this will finish basic level setting

for ALE setting .. if u want to send IDocs to PI

1) Create RFC of type R/3 Connections referring PI

2) Create Port in WE21

3) Go To WE20 and generate Partner profiles for the req. Message type