cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port and RFC Destination.,..why these r required!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

what is the relation between port and RFC destination??

suppose i want to send one IDOC from R/3 to XI.

how many RFC destination i need to create ...and why RFC destination is required????

why we create RFC dest in R/3 and XI both?

why we create port in R/3 and XI both?

I am totally confused!!

please help me out...

i will request all the expert please give me explanation in words rather pointing link....

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For IDOC to File scenario:

NOw for this scenario we do the following configuration:

Configurations required in R/3:

Maintain Logical System (SALE)

Define RFC Destination (SM59) which points to PI system

Maintain Port (WE21)

Maintain partner profile. (WE20):

Maintain Distribution Model (BD64):

Configuration required at Xi side:

Go to IDX1: configure the port.

Go to IDX2: load the DOC metadata.

Now why partner profile and port and RFC destination is required??

1) R3 system should know that it has to send the data to Xi system so in RFC destination we will give the XI system information so that that R3 system takes that infor of XI from RFC destination and send the data to correct system.

2) Port:

Port is the gatwawy through which ur data will go out or come in to R3 system.

Why this is required at XI end:

Go to IDX1: configure the port.As said this is the XI prot through which the data come out and come in to XI.

Go to IDX2: load the DOC metadata.

In the similar fashion when u r sending the data from Xi to R3 u need to create the RFC destination in Xi which points to R3 system so that XI will send the data to correct R3 syste,

Please refer the below weblog which explains u the configuration:

File To IDOC - Part1 (SLD and Design):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC&

File To IDOC - Part2 (Configuration):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC-Part2+(Configuration)&

File To IDOC - Part3 (Steps required in XI and R3):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC-Part3(StepsrequiredinXIandR3)&

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you send an Idoc from R/3 to XI, you are basically trying to access a remote system (in this case XI) from R/3. So you need to make a remote function call (RFC) to XI. Before that you need to check if XI is recognised as an RFC destination from the R/3 system or not. Log in to the R/3 system and go to transaction sm59. XI ( target host:inbomsap11 service no./ port:50000 ) should be present in the list of rfc destinations. Just perform a connection test for it to confirm that the connection is working.

Port is the gateway through which data comes into or goes out from a system. Every RFC destination, or in other words, every system would have a port no. assigned to it, which would also already be maintained. Check transaction we21 for this.

If you post the idoc from XI to R/3 you need to ensure that R/3 is recognised as an RFC destination from XI. So go to transaction sm59 from XI system and check if that connection exists.

So for one sender-reciever pair you need to maintain one RFC destination.

Regards,

Jyotika.

Pls reward points if helpful.